Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

:lol:

Worst? Really? I can probably come up with one or two that rank lower.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Shoot. Let me know which ones, and I'll re-think my statement. Try to keep it spoiler-free though with regards to later seasons for the OP's sake.

3. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Nothing Human" and "Threshold" are two that immediately spring to mind as the 'worst of the worst' for Voy...

those are the two i normally skip when rewatching

M

4. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:eek: I love Nemesis!

And wow tighrl, they're some pretty strong Kes opinions. Personally I liked both Neelix and Kes a great deal and thought they both worked great.
    And yeah I wouldn't rate Darkling as worst, I thought the Kes aspect of the episode did actually work and it was interesting to see her start to actually change a bit as a character. Oh and the episode DID give us the "I'm 3 years old now!" line which always makes me laugh.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

For me, "Tattoo" and "The Fight" qualify...basically, any episode where we explore Chakotay's Indian heritage.

6. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Short answer: NO.

Long answer: NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

7. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh god, "The Fight", probably the only Trek episode I had to fast forward on subtitles just to get it over and done with, I couldn't take it anymore after only 10 minutes.

8. tighr

Ah yes, Threshold and Nothing Human. Both very bad episodes, I agree. However, they're at least watch-able to me.

Nothing Human - everyone on the ship decides that its better to be racist against a computer generated hologram than it is to save their friend. I'll still watch it. 1/10. Maybe even 2/10.

Threshold - The only things I didn't like about this episode were that Warp 10 != transwarp (some writer shoulda lost his head over that one) and that the ending was ridiculous. Other than that, the story could have worked had someone with decent writing chops got their hand on it first (likely RDM, if he wasn't on DS9 at the time). I'm inclined to give this one a 0/10 as well.

But due to lack of granular resolution in a discrete 0-10 scoring system, I need to clarify that Darkling is still worse than Threshold.

If there is an episode I like LESS than Darkling, its one that the OP hasn't gotten to yet that features Chakotay. I don't want to color the OP's judgement, so I'll wait until he gets to it.

EDIT: Oh, and while I was typing up my reviews, it appears two other posters went ahead and named it, so for clarity sake I am indeed referring to "The Fight".

9. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

Agreed. It was Kes' development in this episode that saved it from getting a 3/10 or lower on my scale.
    And I also thought her line about being 3 years old was pretty funny too. :lol:

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I think, in some cases, you need to be prepared for how bad an episode sucks. :p

11. Methos

ohh yeah, The Fight... apparently i'd erased that one from my mind altogether lol

M

12. AdmiralScreed

And since we're talking bad episodes now, I would have to say that Elogium and Tattoo are the two worst episodes I've seen so far. Elogium is just stupid and uncomfortable to watch, and Tatoo suffers from just being completely boring.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

"Elogium" is just...weird.

14. Methos

Watch "Elogium" when drunk... seriously... it makes more sense lol

M

15. AdmiralScreed

I'll keep that in mind for when I turn 21. :rommie:

16. tighr

Elogium. Ugh, another "Kes" episode.

17. AdmiralScreed

I don't think all of her episodes have been bad so far. Warlord was fine,and I thought Cold Fire was very good.

18. tighr

As I mentioned earlier, Warlord was good because it wasn't a Kes episode, it was a Jennifer Lien episode. Cold Fire was alright, I'd give it a 5 or so. The female Caretaker was sorely wasted.

19. AdmiralScreed

Fair enough.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I liked the show much more with Seven Of Nine as played by the wonderful Jeri Ryan. :adore: :D