"Castle" season 4 begins tonight

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Neroon, Sep 19, 2011.

1. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welp, the Casketeers' dreams have come true.

Now what?

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

They kill off Rick and have Alexis take over as the title character? :p

3. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

Now we watch them actually try to make a relationship work, obviously. :bolian:

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, if past romantic shows are any guide, they'll put them through an ongoing series of increasingly contrived crises that Threaten to Tear Them Apart, and audiences will start complaining about how much better it was before they resolved their UST.

5. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Please please please please.

I'm kinda sorry I poo-pooed the episode several weeks back where Castle found out by accident about Beckett's remembering, because this was a fantastic episode.

Oddly, Castle and Beckett spending the night together felt less... triumphant?... and more quietly poignant than I was expecting - spurred on by Rick's disbelief that Kate meant it at first. Kudos to the writers for that.

Now I'm really curious where they go from here. I like the idea of Kate being a private eye if she doesn't end up back on the force. The lingering question is of course did us Castle/Beckett shippers have to sacrifice the friendship between Esposito and Ryan? That was rough.

6. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Was that a jump the shark moment? We'll have to wait and see.

7. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, I'm worried something like that will happen too.

8. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Doubt it.. i've read a few interviews with the producer and it seems he's got a pretty good grasp on how TV relationships work and how he wants his to be played out.

While i got a bit bored (so to speak) during mid Season 4 with all the stolen looks, the subtext and the small personal moments it was all gone once Beckett blew the lid involuntarily. It was such a cool build up to the finale that it reset my passion for Castle to 100% and i couldn't wait for a new episode.

I'm convinced that the writers will do the right thing with the relationship they now have and won't use cheap plots like misunderstandings to throw a wrench between them.. Castle writers are better than that and Marlowe, the big boss of the show, has explicitly stated that they won't be using this to get some drama out of the relationship.

Drama will come all by itself.. they are still two very different characters even if Castle has changed her tremendously but everyone who's ever been in a relationship knows that it can get rocky all by itself without any outside influence.

I'm definitely looking forward to season 5 and how their story progressess.. i didn't expect them ending up in bed immediately (or did they? We didn't see the real aftermath of the kiss.. just them holding hands and leaving the screen but to where? ;)) but i can understand.. it's not a one night stand or an affair.. it's full on love and they've known each other for year so why not?

Season 5 will be a blast! :techman:

9. Christopher

Links, please?

10. Savage Dragon

Another interesting thought, if Beckett does return to the force will she and Castle need to keep their relationship a secret in order for Castle to continue shadowing her?

11. Christopher

I'm not sure what the specific NYPD regs are for fraternization; all I could find in a (non-exhaustive) web search were vague statements that fraternization between members of the same precinct are generally discouraged, and that married couples aren't allowed to serve on the same shift. But since Castle is a civilian, I don't see how whatever rules exist would apply to him.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

If Laney and Exposito could date, can't see why this would be much different...

13. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Yea, but keep in mind they tried to keep that a secret, albeit very poorly. Besides, everyone in the station knows that Beckett and Castle have been giving each other googoo eyes for months and most of them probably figure they've been together for a while anyway.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

15. Savage Dragon

^I didn't think there was much doubt about it being renewed, but still, good news! :techman:

16. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Caskett!!!! My shipperness aside, I think I have to finally concede with some of you guys who have felt that this season was lack luster. Christopher I think was one of the first to point out and despite the hard time I gave him...I have been watching the re-runs on Bravo and think he is quite correct. We got nearly zero JB case plot and a whole lot of filler episodes. I'm all for the Caskett stuff since as I've said many times before, it is what got me involved in this show, and I think there is some reason to be concerned, but like FBAlpha pointed out before the producers have given statements and interviews over the course of the season that has me confident that this isn't going to be another Mulder and Scully or any other kind of relationship we've seen. Plus what is most important I think...is that Stana and Nathan have fully embraced this shipper aspect of their characters and have pretty much stated Andrew should go for it.

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

BASTLE!!!!

18. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Rate!!

err...

Kick!!

19. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

That blue butterfly episode was amazing.