Storage Wars

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, he is the main reason I watch. And while Dave was a complete ass he sure kept the show entertaining.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think in the article I linked...it mentions that a source claims that the producers have paid for Barry's lockers on the series. I dunno if I believe that. Barry was at the start of the series the most wealthy of the original cast, independently wise...I think followed by either Darrell or Dave.

3. Admiral_Young

Just a reminder for those interested, that tonight is the season finale and Barry's final episode.

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Man...this still bums me out. I remember a couple of weeks ago (or was it last week) when he made some off-hand comment about buying his last locker. My wife and I looked at each other when he said that and thought no way - gotta be just a throw-away line out of frustration. And now here we are - Barry's last episode.

End of an era... :(

5. Admiral_Young

Well both episodes themselves were underwhelming, much like the season has been. Barry broke even with his final locker and brought back most of his sidekicks from the past couple of seasons to help him construct a shuffle board he found. That was nice to see, and as teased in the commericals, the cast gave him one last goodbye in the credits segment. Also there was a reference to Jarrod being the "New Mogul" as well and he was kind of acting like Dave did. I don't know if that is how they're going to retool him, I hope they don't do that.

I dunno if I'll be back for next season in a few months. To me the show was Barry and his antics and fun. He's the one that made the show entertaining and worth watching. It would be neat to see Brandon finally get a billing on the series, but I dunno if Darrell, Jarrod, and Brandi are enough to keep my interest. The rest of the newbies are kind of meh. Rene and Casey though are interesting.

6. 137th Gebirg

I'll give it another season to see where they take it. If it starts to circle the drain, I'll be done. Sounds like a lot of others will be too.

7. Admiral_Young

Personally I think it already did start to "circle the drain" and the producers realized this with an attempt to inject new cast members. I don't see this lasting beyond one more season. I have a feeling we could see more newbies next season as well.

8. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that's because ratings have been going down so they're been cutting costs. The originals (bidders + auctioneers) get paid to appear in the episodes and it's continued to go up. They are paying Darrell the most to appear apparently.

The dynamic has really changed from the start though. Obviously no more Dave, but Jared & Brandy didn't have much money then. Now unless manpurse shows up they have the most money to throw at units.

Darrell I don't really know what's up with him. He doesn't really seem like he cares too much anymore and just hams it up for TV time. Maybe he did really make several hundred thousand off that paintings unit and has dialed it back.

Barry's sendoff wasn't bad. The highlight being that he brought back all his sidekicks lol.

9. Admiral_Young

Darrell most likely doesn't care any more due to his "big scores". Even Jarrod and Brandi seem to have come full circle now with a second store and having some success.

I was referring to the plummeting ratings, when I brought up the new cast members earlier. That seemed like a half-hearted attempt to salvage something and create new rivalries and storylines. Darrell and Rene appear to not like each other in real life and have some kind of beef with each other from the way they tweet back and forth. I noticed as well that they had Darrell "feud" a bit with Ivy Calvin earlier in the season, and of course we had that convoluted little dispute between him and Brandon which was probably one of the lamest things the show has done.

Say what you will about Dave...but since he left, there just hasn't been that same dynamic. I think Barry got bored of things.

10. 137th Gebirg

I don't think he'll be showing up again (his name was Mark Balelo). He apparently committed suicide back in February from CO poisoning following a meth drug bust. Real winner, that one...

They are thinning the herd considerably. Not only is Barry now gone, but they're cutting back on Darrell and the main auction runners (Dan and Laura Dotson). It sounds like the show is running out of money - I am convinced that its demise is nigh.

11. Admiral_Young

Wow. I really didn't know about Mark Baleo...that's really sad. Yeah it did seem like they'd cut back on Darrell and the Dotsons. If I was them, I'd seriously consider not bothering with a season five.

Besides which I have "Duck Dynasty" now :)

12. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Well, with Barry gone so is my Season Pass to this show on the TiFaux.

13. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My kids loved this show.

14. Admiral_Young

The next season starts on March 18th. The season will focus on the remaining three original cast members, while the newbies continue to try and earn their respect.

Barry fans can rejoice though as he is getting a spin off called Barry'd Treasure. It features him going cross country searching for rare and fascinating collectables, his sidekicks will be appearing as well.

15. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks Admiral! I lost interest in Storage Wars a while back, but I'll have to check out Barry'd Treasure.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Same here. Barry was the best part of that show.

17. 137th Gebirg

Agreed. Glad he's still going to get some screen time. Maybe this was the plan all along when he left SW.

18. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I stopped watching when Barry left. May have to check out his own show though.

19. Admiral_Young

The article I read stated that "Barry'd Treasure" is a limited series, so I'm guessing it has a 13 episode run to start and they'll waiting to see how it does? It will air right after the Season 5 premier.

Also Darrel will be teaching Brandon the ropes during their "arc" if you guys remember they attempted to introduce a rift between the two of them last season which seemed forced and just plain meh.

Doesn't seem to be any additional new people, just Casey and Rene, and Ivy Calvin.

Barry's spin off also seems to be a reason why A&E continued to air promos with him.

20. Admiral_Young

Just a reminder that the new season is about to premier in a few minutes, and Barry's show premiers right after that.