Last Classic Who Story you watched

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Pindar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

Don't forget all the Silurians that likely died as well.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

The Time Meddler - reasonably amusing, and that third cliffhanger must have been a real mindfuck in 1965.

Sadly we now hit a run of stories that no longer exist, and I don't have the Galaxy Four audio, so that'll be skipped...

3. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Currently watching the movie. Oh wow Mcgann sounds very scouse sometimes :D

4. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What, you mean you've not bought the Aztecs double-dip yet? :-)

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I believe I mentioned the "fuck that double-dip ripoff bullshit" on Facebook, when someone brought it up...

6. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Paradise Towers, Delta and the Bannermen, Dragonfire and Remembrance of the Daleks (Seventh Doctor).

Paradise Towers and Remembrance of the Daleks were the best of the lot. Both had good stories and held up on the screen.

Remembrance was probably the best Dalek story I've seen since Genesis of the Daleks. I liked how the Doctor was the one who drove the story. Instead of just happening upon the Daleks and trying to survive, he decides he's had enough and takes care of them.

7. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

The possibility of double dipping has put me off of buying a lot of the early releases for now. Hopefully the only ones I'll be doing it for are Vengeance on Varos (which I bought years ago) and Earthshock (which I just bought as it's going out of print here in R1 but desperately deserves a Special Edition).

8. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Earthshock's going out of print too? Well damn. I'll add it to the list.

Shada (Fourth Doctor).

This would've been an excellent story if it had been finished. Tom Baker's linking narration does an adequate job but so much is left out that the serial will never feel complete. It's too bad they didn't animate the missing segments. Perhaps it would be too difficult linking the live action and animated parts.

9. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

The rumor mill says that Earthshock is next up for a Special Edition if that line continues into 2014, and it'll also be in the Doctors Revisited 5-8 set.

10. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

the jon pertwee episode the mind of evil.

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Inferno - because I'm off sick with a fever and a chest infection.

The Iain Levine segments of commentary are quite annoying in the way the cut in and out of the others.

12. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

John Levene do you mean?

13. Pindar

I am on heavy medication just now.

14. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's ajoke at least half a dozen of us are resisting making right now...

15. Pindar

:p

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Thanks to a borrowed Netflix passwords I have now see 7th "Curse of the Fenric" and 5th "The Visitation". Fenric was interesting in the ending, while Visitation was pretty forgettable, but I feel that way about the 5th doctor in general...

Oh, and I just saw "Earthshock" which was pretty good.

17. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

The Happiness Patrol (Seventh Doctor).

An interesting story though the political subtext is mostly lost on me since I'm not from the U.K. Once again the Doctor takes the lead in this story. He's heard of the regime on Terra Alpha and had planned to take care of it instead of coming upon the situation accidentally. But instead of freeing an oppressed population so they can pursue happiness, he's freeing them to pursue unhappiness. I liked this reverse.

Silver Nemesis (Seventh Doctor).

Another decent story. Too bad they already told it in Remembrance of the Daleks and that version was better. The Hand of Omega was a more interesting concept as a stellar manipulator, which had the ability to create and destroy, then a living metal Time Lord super weapon.

There also seemed to be too many elements in this story which made it feel crowded, especially considering it's three parts. Perhaps I missed it but I don't remember the story telling the audience how Lady Peinforte finds the statue or gains the knowledge to travel through time. The Cybermen didn't play a valuable part and the Neo-Nazi's were completely unnecessary.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I just finished watching The Curse of Peladon, first time I've ever seen it and I have to say I thought it was rather good. I haven't seen too many Pertwee's where he's actually on an alien world, and I loved his Venusian lullaby :lol:

Thought the cast were good, Peladon itself well realised, and nice to see the Ice Warriors again. Even the monster was quite well done, in fact I'd say only Centuri let the side down, except she/he/it really is so terrible they're great!

Loved the fight in the pit as well, I know she has her detractors but I thought Jo was adorable, and not at all useless in this one. That'll be back in the post tomorrow and then I should be getting The Monster of Peladon through...

19. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    IIRC, they did an animated version some time in the late 1990s or early 2000s with Paul McGann playing the Doctor. Shame that one wasn't included on the DVD.

I just finished "Paradise Towers" & the 1st 2 parts of "Dragonfire." "Paradise Towers" was much better than I recall when I first watched it a couple years ago. The whole thing with the bad guy being an architect who doesn't want people living in his buildings is a bit naff but at least it's unique. And I forgot how catchy the story can be. "Red Kangs the best!" "No board games! No visitors!" "I put the world of Paradise Towers to rights." "Built high for happiness.":mallory:

20. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

The Hitler looking guy kinda detracts from the rest of the serial. for me I really enjoy the rest of it though, Pex, The Kangs, The Resies