Looking for a game for my nephew

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr. Adventure, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was wondering if maybe you guys could help me out. My six-year-old nephew is recovering from getting his tonsils and adnoids removed and the one thing he asked for is that his uncle bring his Xbox 360 to play.

His favorite games are racing games and sometimes he likes to just race around the city and crash into things, jump stuff and try to cause mayhem. The most perfect game in this regard would be Grand Theft Auto IV but he's too young for that. We did have some fun with a Midnight Club LA rental though.

If anyone knows of some games which allow you a lot of freedom like that and where there's a lot of interactivity with the environment (where people jump around, and damage is modeled, stuff flies around, vehicles respond and so on and not just invisible walls and stuff when you don't play right) please let me know of some recommendations.

Thanks

2. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Mr. Adventure

A list of games doesn't necessarily reveal which ones have good sandbox modes.

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Burnout series is all about speed and crashing and impossible stunts. Burnout Paradise is the most recent game. You might want to read a review of it at gamerankings.com, which compiles reviews from other sites.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed, Burnout Paradise is definitely the game for the little guy.

6. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

need for speed most wanted is a pretty good racing type game

7. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Burnout paradise, try and get your hands on the ultimate box version, the cheaper the better.

8. Mr. Adventure

Just did rentals, rented Midnight Club LA and Burnout Paradise. Burnout Paradise ended up getting played a lot this weekend.:) Though half the time it was just horsing around the city rather than the actual events so I appreciate the input people gave.

9. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Yeah I have spent COUNTLESS hours just screwing around Burnout Paradise.

10. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh gosh I'm sorry, I thought giving you a list with the game types, pricing and rating available would be a good start.
    My bad. :rolleyes: