WIP USS Conviction

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by dubeau, Apr 12, 2014.

1. dubeau

dubeau Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This one is almost finished. The main topic is here:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?80852-WIP-USS-Conviction

Here are the last images from the project. It's a Abramverse ship located around the same era as Enterprise. The NCC-1404 has been chosen in that regard, a Alka-Selsior Class. Some elements are more retro like the phaser turrets, pods, the array. Sorry if I didn't post here before, I hope you enjoy it. It kind of started out of nowhere, since at first I had only done the emitter array. Even the topic didn't start well LOL! After that I decided to do an Abramsverse ship, because I always wanted to do a version of the universe design.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^ ENT era ships were exactly the same in Abramsverse. It was set decades before Nero came back in time and killed Kirk's Daddy.

Plus it looks more advanced than the Kelvin.

3. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

wicked. the phaser turrets on the main saucer appear to be on rails? not sure i like the mix of squared and circular windows, but that's cool.

4. dubeau

That's because I decided to take it a step further. Making them on rails but still pretty much exposed in a way. Has for the mix windows...well...there was a bug in 3dsmax. I couldn't do round windows into the saucer because of it, so I decided for a mix but keeping it at minimal.

Sometimes you don't control some stuff like bugs, and you work around it. I didn't know that when you attach a shape, and you do a boolean...that particular shape will get included in the boolean. Technical bug but annoying.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks nice :)

6. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Bug in the industrial-scale replicator" certainly sounds like something which might be on an early era spaceyard status report.

7. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

It's brilliant

8. dubeau

Added some nurnies between the nacelles, and worked on the front side to add title and docking door

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. dubeau

Finish teh panels on the engines and added greeble. This is probably it for this project. To follow the last renders, and I like doing a presentation movie and some wallpapers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dubeau

I have made the post on my site with the last renders. Hope you enjoy.

"It is a Star Trek fictive ship that would have existed in the “Abramsverse” around the same time as Enterprise. It is a class Alka-Selsior NCC-1404. The design is a mix of the Enterprise of Abrams, with some more evolution elements like turrets on rails, etc… For the fun of it: Crew is around 500. Among notable crew members: the captain is Curzon Dax, and the doctor is Arik Soong. To follow two wallpapers and a presentation movie"

If you want to see the complete set of still pictures, on my site, click here

[​IMG]

11. Soran77

Soran77 Captain Captain

It's good, But I agree with the second post on this thread, ENT era ship were the same in the JJverse. Plus the nacelles look Enterprise E ish, And it kind of looks like a flying duck with a massive head, Kinda like the galaxy class side profile, Though I love the Galaxy design, this ship could Definitely be an early 24th Century era ship from the jjVerse though! All around it's a nice design though! :)

12. Michelle

Michelle Lieutenant Red Shirt

Haha, A duck with a massive head??..Very descriptive Soran x :D

13. dubeau

14. Michelle

Michelle Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ooo nice. :)

15. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I also agree with the second post. This ship might be a little more at home as a Lost Era ship, with a suitable registry to boot.
    Somewhere between maybe NCC-7000 to NCC-10500, before the Ambassador Class, but before the or around the same time as the Renaissance class (albeit as a JJ-Verse ship. No reason that a Prime-Verse equivalent couldn't exist though, as there are only around a couple a dozen designs of TLE).

I recall a the Council class, which was a design based on Probert's Ambassador concept, which used Phaser turrets mounted on tracks in the saucer section, similar in concept to yours.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the engineering hull looks quite as advanced as the rest of the ship.

16. dubeau

I almost went for the ambassador class, because there were some designs similarities with enterprise C. But I decided for an obscur class that could exist in abramsverse, but wasn't really explored in the main timeline. The Alka-Selsior was "seen" from a very far and blurry perspective in a shipward, i think...It was a derelict/old design ship in the time of Voyager or DS9.

17. dubeau

I made a space scene and my hope is that I can find a way to mix a 3dsmax animation into after effect. But I am unsure on how to do it for the moment...I have to make the 3ds animation first, which will lock my computer for 8-15 hours. So let's just say I need to prepare for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5weFKTEIc4

18. dubeau

19. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

she looks spiffy in action :)

20. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It is good that you decided to go with something obscure. It is a bad thing that you chose to use Alka-Selsior as the class name, as it looks nothing like what the Alka-Selsior looks like (which is pretty much looks like an Excelsior-class, but has shorter nacelles akin to an Oberth class, and a short engineeing hull).

Incidentally, going with an Excelsior-like engineering hull might have been a better choice.