BBC Original British Drama

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, May 2, 2011.

1. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

You're just a bunch of Scrooges.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Now, did I say anything against the ad? No, I just posted something Charlie Brooker said.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think it's a fun little ad that everyone in likely was contractually obliged to star in anyway, and I'd love to know what kind of epic programme Brooker thinks could be made with the budget for a 30 second Strictly ad (bearing in mind again that likely Robbie Savage, Holly Vallance and co weren't paid any extra to be in it anyway) So you're left with a couple of streets, some no name extras and a film crew. Quick let's make Invasion Rochadale or something...

4. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Is Charlie Brooker someone I'm supposed to have heard of? He's not in Eastenders or XFactor, is he?

Is there an argument that adverts like that add the to prestife of the BBC (thinking particularly of the "Perfect Day" cover they did some years ago)?

dJE

5. Bob The Skutter

^Charlie Brooker is a TV presenter, writer, critic and columnist in the Guardian.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. Bob The Skutter

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=huyrWMraYME[/yt]

The latest trail for the upcoming season.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching Love Soup.

It's weird seeing Jimmy Olsen as an English actor but he's been living over there for a while.

You can imagine the writers tossing their toys having to rewrite their scripts after some one decides to cast and American as one of their British buffering Archetypes.

9. Bob The Skutter

A new list of shows for this year has come out today

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I just watched the first season of Luther and enjoyed it. Idris Elba was great but Paul McGann got a nice meaty part in the final episode which I quite liked.

I'm a Peter Davison fan and was looking into "The Last Detective" which is from a few years back. Can anyone speak to the quality of it?

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

As a Herbert fan The Secret of Crickley Hall is interesting, not that great a book mind you so be interesting to see what they do with it. A proper version of Haunted at last would have been preferable (the film was terrible, missed the whole point of the book imo) and Creed would have been a blast!

Never did watch the LAst Detective, which given I'm a Davison fan as well is v poor form...

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ooh, now I realise Joe Aherne is adapting and directing Crickley Hall I'm even more interested...

13. Deckerd

The second season is even better, although shorter. It's basically two feature length episodes, each split into two. BBC have commissioned another set but I don't know when it will be appearing.

14. Bob The Skutter

Looks like the third series of Luther is on the cards for next year, 4 more episodes. Also looks like Being Human and The Fades are gonna be cancelled, because the BBC have prioritised drama on BBC One and BBC Three only gets to have 1 drama.

15. Deckerd

Being Human doesn't look good for this season anyway. Too many changes. We fear change.

16. Guy Gardener

Ever had a fearboner?

17. Deckerd

People get worried when we post next to each other Guy. They think we'll rip open a hole the fabric of reality or something.

18. Guy Gardener

That's not good.

Boy scouts make fire by rubbing two sticks together.

but if theoretical m-theory boffins work out that they can build star-drives from rubbing out posts together, they're tell their masters, who will tell their masters and so on until MI5 kicks your door in, black bags you, ties your wrists to your ankles and readies you for transport to one of their secret prisons.

There's a time to be brash and boastful about how all-powerful you are, but it's not on the internet when there's echelon from a 150 countries trying to decide if you're noise or of some value.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  19. Deckerd

Ackshully now I'm hoping some rough type will come and cuff me.

20. Guy Gardener

How do you pronounce Cuff backwards?