NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

The big open rooms on decks 2 & 3 are the primary science labs on the ship (apart from medical).

As to the crew quarters, they're largely just empty rooms at the moment; but, if you scroll back to earlier parts of the thread, there should be images of crew quarters. Or you can check the 40plus pages over at 3dbuzz ;) I think that link is on the first page. If not, let me know and I'll post it.

2. havoc92

Ok, guys, the cleanup phase is officially DONE! Next stop, detailing and texturing. God help me!

3. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Good luck! I'm sure your end result will be awesome regardless.

4. havoc92

Well, vacation started a few days back and I've begun work adding in more detail on the model.
    First area to be worked on is the nacelle support pylons. So, underlying structure has been added along with the primary energy exchange conduits and warp core linkage. These have been run through the structure in rudimentary form and
    now must be worked through the structure of the ship itself. My next area of interest will be how I'm going to deal with warp core ejection and routing it through the dorsal section.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My basic thinking at the moment is to swing open a section of the aft dorsal for core ejection. Anyone care to offer some input on this line of thinking? My gut instinct is just to hinge the back side of the dorsal section on both sides and open the neck to just spit the core out the back between the pylons.

5. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Wait.... I don't see a "core" modeled into the neck area. I'm not sure what that would be like without seeing where this supposed "core" would go. After all, seems like you're useing FJ "Booklet of General Plans" as reference and I'm fairly certain there was no "core" of any sort in there at all. So I'm not sure why you'd need to include such a thing at this stage anyway.

--Alex

6. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Didn't think FJ's version had a "warp core"? But if you mean some kind of power conduit thingy running up the "spine", then yeah, I guess panels at the back of the dorsal is the best way to go. And the top center of the secondary hull already has the two red stripes running down it, so that could be a seperate panel or panels?

Keep up the great work!

7. havoc92

Yeah, I keep wanting to reference it as though it were a refit model; but, my thinking is that the energy system on the ship is plasma based, in which case a means of containment and ejection would seem to be needed if a reaction builds up in the primary feeds. Not quite the same as a core; but, similar thinking. Am I on the right track here or am I over thinking it?

8. TIN_MAN

That sounds reasonable, I don't think your over thinking it. :techman:

9. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think TIN_MAN has a good suggestion in utilizing the "spine panels" as a pathway for the main energy conduits. FJ's plans don't have a secondary hull warp reactor setup so you'd have to make some modifications to get one in there ;) Good stuff, keep going :D

10. havoc92

Sounds like I'm understanding the systems a little better than I thought I did. I may have a resource for helping me design the plasma systems for some needed realism now, so.. This stuff can be really fun at times.

11. havoc92

And another update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What you're seeing here is that I've rebuilt the structural supports that connect the shuttlebay pressure wall
    to the outer hull on the top side. There's a whole lot of work in there that I don't want to redo again. That said,
    the primary plasma containment runs are visible here too. The secondary and the wiring trunks for the nacelles
    and aft section still have to be completed.

I have to check but, I think there are a few more structural beams to create for this area and some cross-bracing.
    And the conduit at this point is bare. I haven't decided what the shell is going to end up looking like; but, some of the
    examples I've seen at this point would be a nightmare for polys. So that may go on the backburner until I figure a
    way to do it without expending a fortune in polycount to do it.

12. havoc92

Alright, the plasma and electrical runs are in above the shuttlebay. They still have to be run forward; but, that should be (cough) cake next to what I've done so far. The next real problem.. well..

[​IMG]

You can see the runs here from below with some minor mods to the pressurewall supports.

[​IMG]

And another view from above. The forward portion of the lines still need a tweak to the angle up the spine; but, that's 2 seconds.

[​IMG]

..here's the problem. The ribbing hasn't been booleaned to fit up to the hull structure of the nacelle yet; so the lines may or my not fit. Once cutout, there may be just enough room to squeek by; but, we'll see.

Back to work..

13. TIN_MAN

Lookin way kewel! :techman:

14. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Havoc, if you were a girl, I'd marry you.

Since you're a dude, you'll have to settle for a fist pump and a manly-man shoulder thump.

15. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

makes me appreciate just how fragile the design really is.
    This looks just like AUTOCAD.

16. havoc92

Problem solved ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this second shot you can see that I reworked the arrangement of the primary feeds.

[​IMG]

And here's the primary exchange uplink to the secondary hull in
    place. I made this very early on and it now must be changed; so,
    that's the next step. The two outer lines off the nacelles are power feeds up between the engines and main engineering. There will be
    junctions coming off this area later to feed the rest of the ship; but, for now, I have to fixup the core and the primary feed lines.

17. havoc92

LOL. I'll give you the Gene Simmons reply, "You're a handsome and powerful man."

18. havoc92

It was definitely a tight squeeze getting those lines up and around the accessway. I'd intended to come in underneath but there is simply no
    space. The feed lines are the exact same diamater going down the pylons as what is internal to the nacelles so that they'll mate up without major problems.

19. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And I'll respond to that with Elvis: "Thank you, thank you very much." :techman:

20. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I was thinking from your internal plans There might be reason to re-hardpoint the hull in accordance with these under hull details...like Air Locks in these unused and odd shaped spaces near the hull.

Fabricate primitve transporter emitters for the out side.
    Emergency hatches
    Small integrated flush vents
    waste dump hatches
    Utilities hatches could be added along the secondary hull spine for starbase hook up.
    Even those famed but never seen retracting phasers.

This is just a great guide to what the exterior should look like instead of the completely smoothed surface. Infact this could actually dictate what the hull plating should look like as well...something we haven't seen on this design.