What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I am debating between getting "Skyrim" or starting the "Assassin's Creed" series. I don't know what to do!

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ They're both definitely a lot of fun.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

That doesn't help!

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You're welcome. :D

I don't know what to tell you... I really enjoyed all four AC games. And so far I'm also really enjoying Skyrim. Ask yourself, what are you in the mood for?

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm tempted to start AC, just because I can probably pick up the first one for cheap.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ You can probably get the first three game for cheap.

Hell, my copy of AC:R CE came with AC.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Good call. I'm not doing anything until after Christmas because I just don't have time this week, but I took the week between Christmas and New Years off of work, so I'm gonna need something to play!

8. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Sounds like a plan.

9. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me and my Sega Master System spent the afternoon catching up with each other. I haven't played with her much in the past few months, so she needed the attention. Shinobi is such an awesome game.

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool. I'll give that a go on my next run. (And I get exactly what you mean about Morinth. I did "romance" her on one go though just for a laugh)

On the Dragon Age 2 side, I was a little more successful.
    I managed to off Anders, not recruit Sebastian, kill Merrill, kill Bethany (as circle mage), sold Fenris and let the Arishok take Isa. Aveline and Varric stayed loyal though.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^How did you managed to kill Merrill? I tried it once by making sure she was neither friend nor rival and not the LI, but she still sided with the Hawk and the Templars (I'm assuming that's the tipping point.)

Got a bit of a nice surprise at the end of my romance Tali playthrough; looks like they actually recorded some lines for 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' that accommodate the non-standard romance options. Tacit approval from the devs perhaps? Maybe I will be able to import this into ME3 after all! :D

12. John Clark

I'm not entirely sure. I sided with the Templars but had very few points on the friendship/rivalry scale (kept flipping on the be friendly/annoy her routine). I was a Mage for that run through so I don't know if that made a difference.

For a warrior (Templar) runthrough she joined up with my Hawke.

EDIT - One bug I had (Repeatedly) on the Mage run was that every time I went into the Hanged Man, it reran the Danarius choice so I ended up getting rid of someone about ten times

13. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I was trying a pacifist run in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, but then I accidentally overwrote the save, so I ragequit that for a while.

Somebody gifted me the Humble Indie Bundle 4 on Steam, so I'm having a bit of fun with that although none of the games on there are really spectacular. It has Super Meat Boy, Night Sky, Shank, bit.trip Runner and Jamestown. The only one I haven't tried yet is Shank because Steam is currently out of CD-keys.

14. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

My advice is:

1. Play Assassin's Creed now- Skyrim can wait.
    2. Pick up AC1 on the cheap and burn through it as quickly as possible. Just stick to the main quest, don't bother with all the sidequests or collectibles. It's a fine game, but don't waste too much time on it I say this because...
    3. Assassin's Creed 2 is amazing. SO much better than AC1. AC1 is just a prelude to the greatness that is AC2. Just far more interesting, varied, engaging, complex, fun. Also very cheap at any 2nd-hand gaming store. You can spend a LOT of time in AC2 and AC:Brotherhood. No need to rush to AC:Revelations- just take your time with AC2. Great stuff.
    4. Wait a year or two and Skyrim and AC:R will both be super-cheap 2nd-handers.

15. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've owned X3: Terran Conflict for months...maybe close to a year and never played it, but after hearing about the latest expansion I've decided to give it a try. Played a bit (4 hours) and have done 1 plot mission, explored only a hand full of sectors, done some very minor trading and a few side missions and I'm made minuscule progress. But it is a beautiful game and despite how slow it is to get going and the learning curve I am enjoying it.

16. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Started playing Battlestar Galactica Online yesterday.
    Not bad game..and graphics are pretty good for a browser based game.

17. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At the moment I'm working through F3: New Vegas, and as someone said up-thread, its good fun. So much different from the standard post apocolyptic game.
    I do have Fallout 3 now thanks to a board member who just gifted it to me.

I'll probably give Magicka a try next. I picked up the complete pack (base game + all the DLC) on Steam last night for $10. I tried the first few minutes of the tutorial and I'm a bit concerned about the spell casting system. It seems awfully complex, and I'm worried I'm going to completely forget the key combos in the heat of battle.

18. John Clark

I've gone back to Knights of the old Republic. (I'd really like to see an updated offline version. I know Old Republic is supposed to be pretty decent, but I'd just like an offline game too)

I've also reinstalled DS9 - The Fallen to try again.

19. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm playing Battlefield Bad Company 2 again after two months. Finally started playing it after spending most of my time writing...

20. XwarlokX

XwarlokX Lieutenant Red Shirt

I've played mostly on my Xbox here recently, been playing through the HALO series since I missed out on getting them all new. I'm through with Reach and ODST, wanting Halo Wars and 3 now.