Sisko sleeping with mirror Dax.

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by GalaxyClass1701, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I think that Sisko and Jadzia were just good friends in the real universe. I never remember any hint of sexual attraction. Sure, it may have been a bit strange for Sisko to see his old friend Curzon as a young woman, but their friendship just carries on where it left off. This is the same with Ezri.

In the mirror universe, I think Sisko just slept with Dax to keep his cover.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah...taking one for the team. Poor guy! :rofl:

3. Sjaddix

Sjaddix Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yes being the Emissary is hard work. Although really as long as Sisko is on Bajor. He should not have any trouble getting tail. He is the Emissary, he is not going to get turned down.

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, you gotta do what you gotta do!

5. ThereIsHopeYet

ThereIsHopeYet Cadet Newbie

The situation allowed for three pros: Maintaining cover, getting some sexy time for once in many years, and being with a real hottie from a different universe = no reprecussions.

Cons?...uhh...:rolleyes:

I thought it would be some fan fiction's writer dream come true!

6. Trevacious

Trevacious Captain Captain

He did have a couple double-takes at the sight of our Dax in a classic 23rd century mini-skirt. And, no doubt, a moment of reconsideration. :lol:

Yeah, it was important that he maintain discipline among the crew - the Mirror Sisko way!

7. ajac09

ajac09 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

and I am assuming he slept with Mirror Kira lol

8. Worf'sParmach

Worf'sParmach Commander Red Shirt

I got that impression as well.

While we're talking about the logistics of the symbiont, I have always wondered how they reproduce. I'm assuming that Trill hosts have the ability to get pregnant much like other humanoids ("Facets," "Tears of the Prophets,") but how do they make new symbionts?

And who in the world was the first Trill to even come up with joining?? Can you imagine that conversation, "Hey, you know those slugs that live in the pools underground? I wonder what would happen if I put one in my belly..."

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got that impression too, "Take me to the Intendant's quarters."

He sure got over missing his wife real quick didn't he? :lol:

10. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Jadzia was all over Sisko in "Fascination," where her subconscious desire for him was brought to the surface thanks to Lwaxana Troi's telepathic influence.

11. chrinFinity

chrinFinity Captain Captain

Sisko should have found a way to turn down mirror-Jadzia's advances. Sleeping with her under false pretenses raises consent issues. He should simply have refused. There would be exuses that did not threaten his cover... Claim erectile dysfunction, claim an STD, claim to be too tired, simply say no to the sexual advances. If this offends her, so be it.

Regardless, it was wrong for Sisko to sleep with mirror Jadzia under false pretenses. I was very dissappointed in him.

12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think it was subconcious. If I remember correctly, you fell in love with the first person you laid your eyes on after you were infected.

13. R. Star

Dax explained in the exposition there had to be some level of attraction between the two for it to work, even if it's subconscious. Then just said "best not to think too much about it."

Though I suppose it's possible she might have just been razzing Sisko who was probably already uncomfortable enough with Dax having thrown herself at him.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yep. The scene in question:

15. R. Star

Oh Bashir explained it, thought it was Dax for some reason. Been awhile since I watched that one.

16. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Oh I forgot Fascination. Why did you guys have to remind me? :mad: :p

kkt likes this.
  17. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always felt that what Sisko did meets the legal definition of "rape by impersonation". Rare in the actual world but still defined and quite illegal. (A real world example would be sleeping with your twin brothers girl friend, her thinking that you're him.) Science fiction, with shape-shifters, alternate universes, mind swapping, etc has many more instances where this could occur. Then there's always that scene in "Revenge of the Nerds".

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  18. R. Star

Well I doubt there's much of a legal system in the Terran rebellion and if there is I'd say Dax pulling a knife and saying she'd kill him if he touched her again covers it.

As for Kira, she'd probably sleep with Sisko knowing full well he was mirror Sisko.. why not she tried it later on too. So I doubt there are any charges there.

19. Paper Moon

Paper Moon Commander Red Shirt

IIRC, his pithy (though admittedly weak) explanation was that Jadzia was never joined, and that she just kinda rolled with it when Sisko called her "Dax." (According to Mr. Mack, she kinda gave him a weird look when he did that. Maybe she thought it was a new name à la Smiley?) Jennifer hadn't met Jadzia before, so she just called her what Sisko did.

I don't know if Sisko sleeping with MU-Jadzia was right or wrong (assuming he actually did), but it was obviously necessary. From what we know of MU-Sisko, he would have done it, barring only serious death or illness. Sisko was in deep sh*t and he knew it; to risk blowing his cover by not sleeping with Dax could've cost him his life.

20. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Kirk: goes to Mirror Universe, corrupts a stupid Vulcan and brings down the Terran Empire.
    Sisko: goes to Mirror Universe, starts rebuilding the Terran Empire and gets laid.

Sisko was basically just undoing what Captain Incompetent did :lol:

Nyotarules likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.