Dollhouse renewed?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Colin Xavier, May 16, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's gotta be more to it than that. Dollhouse's ratings aren't marginal, they're downright tragic! :rommie: Maybe Joss is going to make S2 with hand puppets? I don't see how he could get the budget down to match the ratings otherwise.

But if this increases the odds of Reaper and Chuck getting renewed, fine by me. Fox would just fill that slot with some cop show anyway. They've got nothing in the hopper that interests me.

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Hey, then it really would be a dollhouse! :techman:

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, well, I like the show. I like the characters very much, particularly Victor.

J.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Echo is to be pitied not lusted after as an avatarial canvas for our cock custard.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Victor is my favorite of the dolls. I hope they come up with something cool for him to do now that he's been Alpha'd up. But if there are going to be significant budget cuts, I get the feeling that they may just cut him loose. Which is a shame, because Enver Gjokaj has probably been the strongest actor on the show thus far.

6. Amaris

Agreed.

I like the others, and I like Echo when she's a part of the ensemble. Having Alpha show up was great and making him Alan Tudyk was a stroke of genius, in my opinion (I am a massive Firefly fan and was royally upset when Wash was killed in Serenity). I'm excited to see next season, and I hope the budget cuts force them to balance out the dolls instead of making it the Echo & Occasional Friends show. I mean, I like Eliza Dushku, but I don't think she's strong enough to carry the show as the star. She needs to be a part of the ensemble to make it work.

J.

7. Non Sync

Non Sync Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hiding from the NARA, I've said too much...
    It's not a super renewal. Only 13 episodes and much smaller budget.

8. Amaris

^ Still, I get to see a show I enjoy continue, unlike what happened to Firefly.

J.

9. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

If they do this, and cancel T:SCC... I'm going to go ape-shit on them. I think many of us will.

Dollhouse's ratings have been some of the worst I've seen in a decade. Firefly had massive ratings in comparison and they axed it quick as shit. If they don't give T:SCC a 3rd season pick-up and renew Dollhouse? OMG, hell will rain from the skies...

10. Darth_Pinche

Darth_Pinche Captain Captain

Awesome news. I like she show and it for what it worth, it was much more gripping to me that Sarah Connor. But it would be nice to have both shows back.

11. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not to shit too much on Dollhouse, but if this comes at the cost of Sarah Connor Chronicles, I'll be as pissed as when Dark Angel was killed, seemingly in favour of another Joss Whedon show.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Why am I not surprised that plenty of Terminator fans are pissed at hearing this news?

I really doubt that FOX was forced to choose between DH and TSCC. They probably just want to give the Dollhouse a second chance. Seems fans had already fogotten that FOX gave Terminator a second season when it's ratings weren't all that great.

13. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really surprised by this. I thought that both Dollhouse and Terminator would be gone for sure.

You do realize that Dollhouse is a Fox show while Terminator is a WB show right? If Fox had to choose between the two of them they would obviously go with Dollhouse since the shows get similar ratings but Fox makes money on online viewing/sales and DVD sales of Dollhouse.

14. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Not me.

I gave up on SCC after about five eps into the new season and only just deleted the rest from my hard drive last week.

That show is done for me. In the immortal words of Willow, "Bored now!"

Since my partner has grown to LOVE "Dollhouse", I am very happy for him that it has been renewed.

15. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's what makes it even more tragic. And this is my own personal opinion, but the worse show is getting picked up only because of the money.

16. WendellM

WendellM Commodore Commodore

I agree that Firefly was more worthy for renewal, and that Wonderfalls was about as worthy, but those ships have sailed. At least Dollhouse (which started showing promise half-way into its run) is renewed. Rejoice at this small bit of sanity, my friends, rather than regretting past stupidity.

I tried to get into the Conner Chronicles (with Shirley Manson in it, oh how I tried), but it never gelled for me. I can understand your pain, and I expected that both that and Dollhouse would get the axe. But since one has survived, can't we just be happy about that?

17. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Saddens me that Firefly hadn't aired 5 years later, it would probably have survived in the current environment.

I'm not against Dollhouse being renewed, and as for the Dollhouse Vs TSCC argument, I really couldn't care less either way. However, looking at shows that Fox have cancelled down the years, it pains me that when Fox do, once every decade, show a little patience with an under-performing show, it's not necessarily with the right one.

18. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

Maybe they have more faith in Joss Whedon since Firefly didn't do that well(sorta Fox's fault anyway) and did so well after the series ended. They think that Dollhouse will somehow have that same cult following all Whedon shows have. Fox has never made consistently great desisions. They've just gotten lucky with shows over the years. I'm not sure Dollhouse will ever really perform that great though.

19. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Different time. FOX's operational revenue is down 99% this year so they probably don't have much money to throw into development.

20. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I neither know nor care how this bizarreness came to be, but it's good news.