Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yep! Email just arrived today at 12:49 pm EDT. I think we are a go!

2. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

I must say, the NX is absolutely gorgeous. I think it may be my favourite yet.

3. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Mine too !!!!

4. SoM

SoM Captain Captain

I saw that, but didn't see a source [and startrek-starships.com (the official website) still only lists the first 30].

The initial run is 70 issues (+ subscriber exc/specials/etc). If they keep selling, they'll extend that as they did with their Marvel figurines.

5. Andrew Woodall

Andrew Woodall Commander Red Shirt

The NX-01 came out in UK shops this week, and I expect my subs copy (along with Issue 5, the Romulan Warbird) early next week. Naturally I couldn't resist buying an extra one. ;)

Here is a comparison pic with the rest of the NX's in my fleet. Hot wheels and Johnny Lightning versions.

[​IMG]

As others have said, its really really nice. I'd say the best yet personally.

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It certainly looks that way.

7. Johnny Rico

Johnny Rico Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually, those payments should be the other way around, quite frankly. Issue #2 is pretty substandard. But 6 on one hand, half a dozen on the other... ;) It probably is, they just couldn't say it is, in order not to disparage their own model. However, I notice that some of the original releases of the UK Issue #1 was listed at 4.99 pounds, which is still around $10, so I guess we're actually getting a bargain on one of these.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I just looked and I got that e-mail. Which is the most official confirmation yet that I'm subscribed. :P I mean I've gotten 2 e-mails back from them w/a code, but I had to ask for it. Which irks me.

I have to say, I've found their customer service a bit wanting. But as long as all goes well with my ships arriving and the other freebies for being a subscriber, I'll happily overlook such.

Has anyone here gotten anyone they know to subscribe? I always feel like it's our jobs as fans to get our fellow fans subscribing and buying. Because not only does it help one another obtain such, but it shows our passion and ensures the ships keep coming!

9. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not subscribing, but I did order specific issues with ships of interest at my local comic book shop. Can't wait!

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm waiting until the official release date to see if I get sent my subscriber number before I start sending emails. I would like to be able to access their site's web features by the time I receive my ships.

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Same here. I haven't received my subscriber number yet, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Can't wait to get mine in the mail! Does anyone know how these are getting shipped (USPS, UPS, etc.)?

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My card was just charged for the first two issues!

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yes! Mine too! WHOOT!

Strange...I can't remember the last time when I was happy to see a charge come in on my card. It is a curious feeling...

14. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here! Just got an e-mail from PayPal for said payment. Yay! :)

15. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm excite as well!

16. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

They managed to lose my subscription, after I queired why I had any contact from them since earlier in the year as part of the inital lauch earlier in the year. Some problem with the datbase not transferring. Must say not overly impressed with their customer service, that it took getting on for 2 weeks to reply to my e-mail.

17. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

Same here! It's getting so close!

18. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

20. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I don't know if my order was special in some way or not but I have been able to log in for a few weeks. It does say access would be given on the release day so maybe it is a fluke. The only access I have is a flash version of the first issue magazine.