Smallville - 11X01 - Discussion and Review!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Broccoli, Sep 23, 2011.

?

Grade SV 11x01

1. SUPERMAN!

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Red-Blue Blur

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Clark Kent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Kal

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. BIZARRO!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. What the hell is going on?

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Remember when Clark was in love with Lana, but she was with Whitney?

Then they killed Whitney so that Clark could be with Lana?

Then they brought Whitney back anyway? But then they killed him again?

Then they gave up on Lana, and brought in Jason, and made Lana a witch, but then killed Jason anyway so Clark could be with Lana?

Then she breaks up with Clark and marries Lex, but then they decide to kill Lana, but she's not really dead, so that she can be with Clark?

But then she goes crazy and decides that she needs to leave Clark so he can become Superman? But of course he doesn't.

But then she decides to come back anyway, and then she becomes a Superwoman like Clark, which is cool for a while, but then discovers she is poisonous to Clark, so leaves AGAIN?

Yeah, I remember.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lana went crazy? She didn't go crazy she left and dumped Clark via video. Also they didn't kill Whitney, he left to join the marines. Eric Johnson stated that he was pleased with his exit from the series.

3. tighr

When I say they "killed Whitney", I mean that TPTB killed off his character (even though they say he goes to the Marines). But then in season 2, we find out that Whitney died oversees, but they bring him back anyway as a Freak of the Week.

And Lana definitely goes crazy, she starts that Isis foundation and starts being all sneaky. The video thing was really cheap.

4. Admiral_Young

As for Lana's behavior regarding the Isis Foundation...she created it to spy on Lex using his money that she stole (using Luthor tactics against him) as well as funding a counseling center for Kryptonite effected people. I'd hardly call helping people going crazy. Plus Chloe would later use all of that technology herself later on. As for the video diary being a "cheap" way to dump someone...of course. That was part of her character. She did the same thing to Whitney too I believe. It's kind of a running joke.

5. tighr

Chloe uses it to be Watchtower. Totally different.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a shape shifter, not Whitney.

Tina Greer played by Lizzy Caplin.

Tina made out with Lana.

Lesbians on Smallville.

Whoop, whoop!

7. Admiral_Young

@tighr that is precisely what I meant. Chloe would use the tech later on as Watchtower. The Isis Foundation was nothing more than a plot device and it served it's purpose, but it doesn't mean that Lana went crazy. Perhaps "lost herself" is a more accurate description.