Star trek: Continues Fan Series

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Capt_Pickirk, Jan 24, 2013.

1. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

VERY! Our use of a "historic tourist attraction" in Kitumba meant we could arrive at the location at 5pm...and we left 12 hours later, two days in a row. (I got so tired I was driving in circles around a town I knew by heart) We also used a local restaurant: same thing. Overnight shoots. For "Enemy: Starfleet!" and "Bread and Savagery" we used out door locations.... for ES we scheduled it, I believe, 7 times before we were able to actually film: due to weather concerns. (which involved a lot of not-used permits and insurance - having to purchase them every time it was scheduled.*) BAS we actually outran the rain to get the equipment and actors to the cars. It's not easy no matter how you do it...but it looks great if done right. (WWW was also filmed in several historic locations)

*no, we can't get away without permits and insurance. We use a licensed/bonded/etc pyro company and they can't operate without them.

2. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

We always get permits even though we've never had to pay for them.

3. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Quite. We've certainly suffered for our art. And lack of sets.

4. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You guys live in one of the most amazing countries Europe has to offer. It would be a crime to let that opportunity go unused. ;)

5. MarsWeeps

MarsWeeps Fleet Captain Premium Member

http://vimeo.com/50482363
    One minor nit: No blinking lights on the consoles behind Uhura. Other than that, they nail everything perfectly.

http://vimeo.com/54562820
    Transporter room is incredible! Chris Doohan absolutely channels his father as Scotty!

6. Potemkin_Prod

I would LOVE to film in various parts of Europe! I would love to film in the British Isles in particular!

7. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

You guys live in one of the most amazing countries Europe has to offer. It would be a crime to let that opportunity go unused. ;)[/QUOTE]
    The weather's a killer though. :)

I refer you to my comment above. ;)

8. Johnny

Johnny Commander Red Shirt

I'm completely missing why on Earth you would head for the UK unless you like the wind, the rain, and terraced housing! :p

9. Potemkin_Prod

Considering we shot five months in 90+ degree weather in a swamp, I would welcome the change. Or how about a bridge set that gets to be 110 degrees during the summer (before the lights are turned on)? Ask Steve Gallant (our sound guy) if he likes our Cicadas... :)

Perhaps the grass is always greener on the other side of the pond after all...

10. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I saw the new vignette that Chris Doohan posted today. He's doing wonderfully as Scotty... but honestly, the more I see of Vic Mignogna's Kirk, I just can't stand it. I'm very, very accustomed to Shatnerian ego, but there's something about Mignogna that just... wrankles me the wrong way.

11. Johnny

Johnny Commander Red Shirt

Ouch, that's hot... hold on, Fahrenheit... gotta remember it's Fahrenheit. :D

12. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

We shot exteriors for Polaris in ~112F at 90% humidity. The actors aren't pretending it's hot.

13. BrEnDoN

BrEnDoN Lieutenant Red Shirt

One of the biggest setbacks when it comes to sets is actually just finding a space to put them. They take up a lot of room...

14. Potemkin_Prod

You got that right. :)

15. feek61

feek61 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was involved with the Star Trek Continues filming last month; it was a great time. The sets are amazing; basically they have recreated "Stage 9" like the original TOS stage. I think the episode will be out in May; I think it's going to surprise some people. :)

16. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The vignettes are fantastic. I can't wait to see the first Episode of this new fan series. :techman:

17. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

What else could you possibly want ?

18. feek61

Here are a few photos of the set (that don't give any of the story away, lol):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, I know the tape slots are not in the table . . . but they were by the time we filmed, lol.

[​IMG]

19. CaptainMurdock

CaptainMurdock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm so jealous. I'd love to have my own TOS Ship set. :p

20. feek61

It was definitely surreal walking around sets that I have seen the blueprints on since the early 1970's: highly recommended!!!