DS9 Model behind-the-scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by dub, Mar 16, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just happened upon this awesome video on youtube! I'm so jealous of these fx guys! LOVE seeing all of those shots of one of the first DS9 models being built!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOuL_35suIE

The owner of that youtube channel has uploaded lots of other Trek videos too! :techman:

2. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just noticed the same video has been posted on another channel for 3 years. Oh well, it's the first time I've seen it! Somebody give me a ribbon! LOL

3. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Where is the DS9 model now? I would hope it is in a museum somewhere, not in someones garage.

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thanks for the link! I hadn't seen that. That's the kind of thing I hope they'll include as a bonus feature in a Blu-ray release of Deep Space Nine. The insight it provides into the making of "Emissary" is amazing. I hadn't realized the effects for the hell planet Sisko sees inside the wormhole were that elaborate. The work of all those guys – Legato, Jein, Meininger, Hutzel, Drexler – was always extraordinary. Plus, most of them seem to be such nice people. It's always cool to see their work appreciated.

As for the model of the station itself: It looks freakin' gorgeous! One of my favorite models ever build for television or a movie. I'm so looking forward to seeing it in high definition. By the way, does anyone know of high resolution photos of the model? I would love to study the detail on it.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Garage? God forbid! It's probably in someone's vault.

6. James T. Vader

James T. Vader Lieutenant

7. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was good. I'd forgotten it but I used to love that show.