‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The boots on the new Supergirl costume are rather bizarre too. Really, most of the New 52 designs seem really overthought and overcomplicated.

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

They'll never improve on the hotpants....

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Somehow having the "trunks" on that version not wrapping over the hips evokes a more erotic impression. I think it just draws the eyes more solidly to the crotch.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Supergirl (with a skirt) seemed to be a popular Halloween costume this year, at least in this neck of the woods.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Thor and Thor: The Dark World's Jaimie Alexander is reportedly in talks to appear in "Superman vs. Batman".

Wonder Woman? She'd be perfect!

Thankfully, she still seems committed to Thor 3.

6. Greg Cox

I've wanted her to play Diana since the first time I saw Thor.

7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'd be for that. Maybe a teaser scene at the end?

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yeah, she looks the part!

9. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

She would be a perfect fit. Fingers crossed!

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

She would be a perfect fit for Wonder Woman.

This could be silly, but if they're deadset on making Batman and Superman fight, maybe they can do something like the original planned ending of Freddy vs. Jason. The two heroes are fighting when all of a sudden a lasso comes and yanks them apart. In walks Wonder Woman shaking her head and sighing while muttering "Men."

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yay! :techman:

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've thought Jaimie Alexander would be a great WW since Thor, but I figured since she was already Sif there was no she'd be Diana too. That would be awesome if it's true. Have many other actors played a DC & a Marvel character? I'm pretty sure there've been at least a couple, but I'm drawing a blank.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Well, there's Affleck. :p

14. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Ryan Reynolds was Hal Jordan and Wade Wilson. Also James Marsden was Cyclops, then Lois's boyfriend in Superman Returns. Though not technically part of the Marvel Universe, Mark Strong was the villain in Kick-Ass before playing Sinestro in Green Lantern. Oh, and Michael Clarke Duncan was both the Kingpin and Kilowog.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The actors that have had dual roles in DC and Marvel movies tend to have been in a crappy superhero film.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Tons of creative people have worked for both DC and Marvel -- Jack Kirby, John Byrne, Frank Miller, Mark Waid, Grant Morrison, you name it. Not to mention creators like Boyd Kirkland and Paul Dini going from the DC Animated Universe to Marvel animated series, or voice artists crossing between both (e.g. Jennifer Hale as Zatanna and Black Cat and others, Mark Hamill as Joker and Hobgoblin among others, Vanessa Marshall as Wonder Woman and Mary Jane Watson and others, Tara Strong as Batgirl and MJ among many others, Josh Keaton as Spider-Man and Hal Jordan, Yuri Lowenthal as Superman and Iceman, etc.). Not to mention composer crossover -- Danny Elfman has scored for Batman and Spider-Man, John Ottman for the X-Men and Superman, and in animation the Dynamic Music Partners trio (Lolita Ritmanis, Michael McCuistion, and Kristopher Carter) got their start under Shirley Walker on the DCAU and are now scoring for Marvel animation.

So people in many other disciplines have freely crossed between DC and Marvel, so there's no reason why live-action performers shouldn't have the same freedom. Although playing major ongoing roles for both companies at the same time could be an issue, I suppose.

17. Greg Cox

Dare I mention that Halle Berry played both Storm and Catwoman? :)

Seriously, people make too much of the Marvel vs. DC thing. It's not like you have to choose between one or another, as fans or professionals. Hell, I've worked for both and hopefully will again . . . .

As long as there are no scheduling conflicts, I see no reason why Alexander can't play two comic-book warrior goddesses.

As I just posted in another thread, how many cops have Clint Eastwood or Bruce Willis played? How many different cowboys did John Wayne play?

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't like the idea of the same actor playing two active comic book roles, but Jaimie Alexander's playing a supporting character (albeit a fairly important one) in Thor's solo films. It's not like she's playing a major character, like one of the Avengers. So if she does end up playing Wonder Woman (and I think she's a great choice for that), I don't think it'd be that big of a deal. I just hope Marvel/Disney don't get petty about it like Fox did when James Marsden took a role in Superman Returns.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

John Wayne plays the same cowboy in every film, they just change the name. ;)

20. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

At least those characters are different universes. Chris Evans, Ray Stevenson and Jon Favreau have played two different characters from the same universe for different studios.