Sarai Trek

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by BoredShipCapt'n, Feb 21, 2015.

1. BoredShipCapt'n

BoredShipCapt'n Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Guess this belongs here, since it is strictly speaking a fan production. Has anybody seen this little girl named Sarai who does video recaps of TOS episodes? It's awfully cute and she has an impressive memory.

She's done about half a dozen TOS episodes so far, including Amok Time, This Side of Paradise (a/k/a "The Shooting Flower One"), and The Menagerie (a/k/a "The Buttheads"), plus a couple episodes of Star Trek Continues. You can find her videos here. Next one she's going to do is The Trouble with Tribbles.

2. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

I go back and forth on this. On the one hand, it's absolutely adorable and genuinely amusing. On the other hand, my intuition tells me it's her father's or mother's idea and that they're preparing copy for her... and using her as a promotional tool for STC. If I was a parent (and I hope to be one in the not-too-distant future), I don't think I'd plaster my kid across the internet like this.

But again, it's adorable and I do enjoy the videos.

3. BoredShipCapt'n

Agreed, I wouldn't do the same thing either. But she clearly does love Star Trek and that's pretty cool.

4. Zaminhon

Zaminhon Captain Captain

It's actually no different than child actors getting picked up by a show or doing commercials, it's always at the parents prodding, and by the look of it, she might have a pretty good professional future if she chooses to pursue it, get training, and all that. She seems comfortable in front of the camera and it's great practice.

Loll, she has the "Buttheads" down, it's exactly what we called them as kids. She proves that Star Trek is family entertainment and will continue to be with new episodes.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  5. RCAM

RCAM Commander Red Shirt

Well, "always at the parents' prodding" and "chooses to pursue it" are at odds. I wouldn't pressure my child to be in commercials either.

I don't want to be a jerk here; I'm not saying the parents are bad people or anything. This kind of thing just gives me pause, even though the videos are well done and amusing.

ANYWAY... I'll note that my favorite part is when she describes Kirk's fight moves.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. BoredShipCapt'n

Oh, yeah... "the Fist Hi-Yah!" :guffaw:

7. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Some of us still call them that. :)

8. BoredShipCapt'n

I first saw them when I was 6 and thought how funny it was that they had "bottoms" for heads. Then I decided I'd better not think about that since they could read minds. :lol:

9. Fisthaya

Fisthaya Cadet Newbie

Hi RCAM,

Thanks for watching her video. Initially we felt the same, but this all happened organically. We began watching the series cause I would not watch her kiddie shows and she had no interest in my programs either, so I said "hey, let's try this show that I loved when I was your age" and next thing you know she kept asking to watch them over and over, up to the point where she could recount the episodes, then I was, like I wish I could preserve these thoughts, and that's where the series came from, at first we uploaded them to You Tube for family and friends, then the Star Trek Continues folks noticed her and off she went. She actually has been to the studios while they filmed Fairest of Them All. I know this may sound like a parent trying to justify himself, but I thought I would chime in. LLAP