Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Maybe I jumped the gun on making that hardcore world for us! Although it'll probably be quite a while before 1.7 comes to Bukkit.

2. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Doesn't look like people have done much with it yet, maybe just do a reset when it comes?

In any event, I'll be back then as well. Having a go at FTB in the meantime.

3. Robert Maxwell

Looks like a recommended build of 1.6.4 actually came out a few days ago, so I can finally go install that. And then 1.7 will come out and it'll be months again...

4. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

So, for those of you who've played on Robert's server, you're all familiar with its spawn point, or Ground Zero as I like to call it. Recently, with the help of the Multiverse plugin allowing multiple worlds, we have another survival world, a creative world, and a hardcore world, which led to talks about a portal hub on each of the worlds. But where to put it on our initial world? That was the question. But I had a vision in mind and I set out to remodel the spawn point with the help of Red6 and Sticks.

First of all, I knocked down the brown walls and opened it up. I went with a Quartz theme to give it a sense of style. Here's the fountain:
    [​IMG]

Our world is grand, so why not show it off when first spawning:
    [​IMG]

I made best use of the stone environment around me. I've built little nooks which I've layered with chiseled quartz, and as Red6 suggested a little leaf for colour
    [​IMG]

And here's the double-staircase which Red6 helped me with. This leads to the second floor where the world portals will be located:
    [​IMG]

And then we come upstairs:
    [​IMG]

Looking down on the fountain from above:
    [​IMG]

And if we turn around, you see the detail done with the stairs:
    [​IMG]

A lot has developed in recent months. So, why not come back and see what you've missed?

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I signed back up! I'll probably occasionally sign on with my boyfriend mostly to explore. He's never played Minecraft before so this should be interesting. Hope to see you guys around the server!

6. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay! :D Do you have a new name?

7. Owain Taggart

Looking forward to seeing you on the server again, Kes! :)

8. Robert Maxwell

Welcome back, Kestra!

9. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

Massive apologies for asking, but my son wants to play in his map with me and we've been unable to connect by any method I know of. He's on a Desktop with Win 7, and I'm on my laptop with Win 8, and we both have seperate accounts. I've tried the normal Multiplayer scan method, the Direct Connect method, we're both connected to the Homegroup and I can see his computer and vice versa.....
    Yes, I'm not that knowledgeable about networks, but I've read and tried all the stuff on the different fora and nothing has worked? The only thing I haven't tried is starting a server, but mostly because I'd want to know more before doing something like that.

10. Robert Maxwell

Check your Windows Firewall settings on both systems. Make sure you have exceptions for Minecraft set up. Let me know if you need more details and I can look into it further.

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Finally updated to 1.7.4 from 1.4.6 (lazy I know but haven't played in ages), anyone else still playing?

12. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I am ... And if you went from 1.4.x to 1.7.x you're going to find a ... ahem ... world of difference. I'm really enjoying the new terrain generation. Some of the new biomes are quite lovely. Then there are the new wood types and blocks, stained clay and glass ... flowers ... the game has really evolved into as much of a building/design game as it is a survival one.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I've already mined some quartz and started extending my railroads out to find new biomes, but my main world is big enough as it is (65mb+).

It looks better than ever, my laptop seems to disagree, melting down as its starting too with the improved graphics it has to load. :lol:

14. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Yeah, I have to keep my rendering distance between 8-12 chunks or else my iMac has a few fits of its own. Fortunately, the haze/fog effect looks great!

15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Spent a good while exploring there, got a lot of the new flowers and found some of the new Acacia wood, thought it was a petrified forest at first, it looks dead.

And not only found the horses, but two different types, and gold horse armour, not idea what to do with those but still.

16. Zoani

Zoani Ensign Red Shirt

Are you guys still here?
    I'm not a trekkie but I joined just to post on this thread. I have read all 145 pages, and it is genuinely amazing to see an actual friendly minecraft community. I play but I have never found a server with people as nice as you all seem to be- Even Kestra (was it kestra?) the "griefer at heart" :P
    This has changed my life in a way. I no longer doubt all of humankind, just most.
    :bolian:

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

I've had a few visits to the server, still trying to remember to use 1.6.2 instead of 1.7.whatever. :p It's a great place, and after a bit of a shaky start I think I'm going to enjoy it there. My handle is "ZR_aka". Thanks for having me there. :)

18. Robert Maxwell

The more the merrier! Glad you are enjoying yourself.

I plan to work on the 1.7 upgrade soon. Maybe this weekend. It's just going to be a lengthy, arduous process.

19. Zoani

Zoani Ensign Red Shirt

Can I join the server?

20. Owain Taggart

That reminds me, I need to get working on the hub again.