John Billingsley on HGTV

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by gh4chiefs, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Note to Mods: Not sure if this belongs or General TV but here goes anyway.

My girlfriend is hooked on HGTV. Any time she's home and has the TV on, it's on that channel. So tonight she's got this show on called "What's my house worth" or something like that. I'm in the living room with her, not really watching the show and all of sudden she says "Hey isn't that guy an actor?"

So I look over that the tv and sure enough it's John Billingsley. Basically the premise of this show is they have a real estate expert come in and tell the home owner what his/her home would be worth if it were on the market, and what could be done in the way of home improvements to improve the value.

It seems John and his wife (her name escapes me) have a home in the Hollywood hills and their home is worth 1.25 million. I thought it was unusual to see a celebrity on a show like this and they never one time referenced the fact that he was a TV actor.

Anyway I'm sure it not as exciting to y'all here as it was when to me when I realized who it was that was on this show. Carry on. :lol:

2. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

And I cruised right by without noticing. Looks like that episode airs again on October 14th at 7PM EST. Now, if someone can remember to bump this thread at that time I will get to see how the stars of Enterprise live. :cool:

3. Triptacular

Triptacular Captain Captain

I think that's very exciting. I'd love to see the rerun.

(When I saw the title of the thread, I thought, "Isn't that the home decorating channel?")

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  4. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

It stands for House and Garden TV. The show is called "My House is Worth What?

5. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well honestly it wasn't that elaborate. I think it was the location in the Hollywood hills that had as much to do with the price as anything.

6. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Cool!

I almost never watch any HGTV programming but if someone else reminds us before this is rerun I'll try to catch it!

7. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw that episode some months ago; what I thought was embarrassing for Trek fans is that there was no mention anywhere of his "Phlox" role on ENT. The hostess just called John and his wife "Hollywood types" and went on about her business.

Sign of the times, I guess. Had that been Gates McFadden a couple years after STNG went off, I can't help thinking at least something would have been said.

At least I didn't notice any mention being made; I guess I could have missed it. But anyway, that is the main reason I didn't make a DVD of the episode or bring it up on the forum when I first saw it months ago.

But I have since changed my mind and have the TiVo looking for it, in case I feel like getting a few screen caps of his house sometime.

8. Jenee

Jenee Dancing Goddess Premium Member

Many celebs do those kinds of shows to get their face on tv. And they probably didn't mention the tv show because they didn't want a producer who might be interested in them to know that they've done Star Trek or some other kind of 'niche' work.

9. cooleddie74

He was also on a rerun of THE CLOSER on TNT the other night. Still love seein' the guy. A solid and quirky character actor.

10. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Yup, which is why he gets a lot of jobs.

11. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

Darn it. I missed it. Why didn't someone bump this? :angryrazz:

Oh well. I'll have to look it up and see when it comes on next. :cool:

Edit: Looks like December 10th, I think.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  12. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

What's the name of this particular episode, so the TiVo can find it?

13. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I looked around on Friday and no Billingsleys!
    I guess Dec. 10th will have to be it!

14. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Speaking of Billingsley...he does a great southern accent on True Blood as the coronor :techman:

15. cooleddie74

Right before my mom died she loved his turn on COLD CASE as the creepy killer who apparently faked his own death in that season-ending house fire. His character has yet to return but I and my mom always thought he'd be brought back at some point.