A Small Update

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Admiral_Young, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not going to bother putting medical in the title since those who have been following for the last two years should know my deal by now. I have had the custom brace now for the last month almost and almost have adapted to the mold. It's really great for the most part. There is a significant difference when I walk as I don't land on my heel any more and the pressure is lifted and deferred to my knee which has a support pad on it to take the brunt of the pressure. I'm going in for some upgrades tomorrow afternoon, getting some padding behind my knee because it digs into that space when I bend down or try and walk onto steps or a sidewalk. Also they are going to install a rocker lift so I can roll properly on my whole foot when I walk.

2. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

:) Cool.

How much is this changing for you anyways? must be a great relief.

3. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm glad that things are working out. When does the marathon training start? ;)

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Sounds like everything continues to go well, with just a little tweaking. Good for you. I hope the quality of your life is improving. :bolian:

5. Admiral_Young

Well I went to my appointment on Tuesday...and as an interesting aside the molder is the same person who built the prosthetic leg for Terry Fox (Canadian hero who died of cancer at 22 and ran a marathon of hope) so I'm in good hands. Anyways he shaved a good inch or so from the back of the brace so it doesn't dig into my back leg muscle any more but the sides need to be taken care of because they're bugging me now so I have to go back. They're making me an appointment with the physio doctor to see him now that I have the brace. Also no rocker lift needed, apparently I'm walking fine. Its changing how I walk definately. There's a big difference now that I'm using my entire foot to walk and not just my heel. My good left foot though is hurting like hell because its not used to being properly balanced so I'm hoping that this goes away after some time. I just need to realign my pevis and back now which is what I'm going to be concentrating on in physio. Also signing up with my mom's partner to attend some aqua-fitness classes that I'm loooking forwrad to doing.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This all sounds great. I'm sure you'll feel much better once everything adjusts to being properly aligned. :bolian:

7. Aurian

Aurian Vice Admiral Admiral

:) It all sounds like its going in the right direction. Aqua fitness should be fun :D

8. ancientone51

ancientone51 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great news.

Work the physio at the pace they set...you are retraining muscles and they will hurt likw crazy so don't over do. As a one hip replaced I promise, you'll jave something big happen oin another part of your life soon and sudden;y realize, hey...I don't hurt!

I wish that day is soon for you....but don't rush the fences, it will take some time.

9. Admiral_Young

Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts as always. My next thing is to get my eyes checked as I'm having trouble seeing small things, becoming near sighted? Not sure how to put it. Also my ears as well need to be checked.