Big Brother

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Keith1701, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

It's hard to condemn Amanda when my dislike for Elissa is so high.

2. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I find it very easy to condemn Amanda, regardless of my feelings toward Elissa. After her attacks during Candice's last week, the stream of bullying that empties out of her daily in this back half of the season, and her naked arrogance in the wake of the Helen coup -- I personally would rank her in the same category and level as Aaryn or GinaMarie.

Based on last night's edit of events, her plan to ingratiate Andy into Elissa's good graces backfired in such spectacular fashion that everyone in the house (save for McCrae, natch) seems to be sharpening their axes and eyeing the "queen's" neck.

My hope is that we aren't just seeing Diary Room posturing, but actual resolve in the houseguests to evict Amanda.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The only thing that separates Amanda from the Aryan Sisterhood right now is that for the first half of the game she actually was playing the game well. She had practically the entire house coming to her telling her everything anyone was planning.

But then she throws tantrums whenever things start to not go her way, and it undermines the social maneuvering she did so effectively at the beginning.

I never particularly minded Elissa that much.

4. Sto-Vo-Kory

I agree. The first half of the season Amanda is a far different player than the "mastermind" Amanda who appears to be running out of her meds as the season progresses.

Confrontational one minute, crying behind a trash can the next, followed by a ping-pong game of rampant over-confidence versus insecure paranoia, and concluding in a peaceful smoke outside --with McCrae curled up at her feet -- while she casually tosses out the name of her new arch-enemy for tomorrow. Sheer madness.

Such a disconnect from the woman who talked with Aaryn in her HOH room about the latter's racist comments earlier in the summer and did so in a sympathetic and diplomatic manner. It was remarkable for a house guest to deal with a volatile situation in such an adult and mature way. I remember being highly impressed by Amanda at that time.

Now it feels like we're talking about a completely different person.

5. Danny99

She has gone completely bat shit crazy and now has painted the biggest target in the house on her and McCrae's back.

I was actually shocked they let Aaryn get booed and laughed at. We've seen them sanitize the audience before. Her response to the racist comments was just silly, but reinforced my belief that she will go home and some Southern gentleman will agree with her or claim she "got a raw deal" and hire her to do something. Bad publicity is still publicity.

I am now cheering for a Spencer/GinaMarie final two, really so Amanda, Helen, McCrae, Elissa etc can sit around and go "Fuck, we let them float by!"

6. Sto-Vo-Kory

Read the Wikipedia page and I'm liking the latest nominees: Amanda and McCrae! It's about time.

7. Danny99

Amanda going home was a no-brainer, the only surprise being that Elissa kept her word.

When will people realize they can't beat Judd in the finals? If they count the votes, I'm pretty sure each of them has enough enemies in jury to come second to him. It'd be smarter to take him out now.

Andy is a friggin' snake. Amanda is going to find out that you voted her out, you've lost the vote. Why not just let it go? I'd really like to see him go right after Judd.

8. JirinPanthosa

This has to be the most the average likability of the cast has ever gone up in a single episode.

Unlike Aaryn, Amanda seemed to realize she'd done something wrong, even though she went to lengths to rationalize it and not really take responsibility for it.

I'm not surprised Elissa kept her word because, well, if Amanda hadn't gone home first Elissa probably wouldn't have gone home second.

Nobody's going to take Judd to the finals, but he's not exactly a challenge monster and they have three chances to knock him out. It's not a Frank situation where there's a high probability he wins either HoH or Veto for the rest of the game. And frankly if I were in the house now, I would want to KEEP Judd for the specific reason if anybody had to choose between going against me in the finals and going against Judd, they'd choose to go against me.

God, I just realized Ginamarie might actually be in the best position to win this right now. She's the best challenge competitor left, and she can win votes over Spencer and Andy but not Judd or McRae, so she's NOT the biggest target and the MOST likely to be protected by competition wins.

9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

What's funny is a lot of fans feel just the opposite! BB message boards are buzzing with "this is worst final 5 ever," "I'm not going to watch anymore because I hate everyone left," "these people are disgusting, now that Elissa's gone there's no reason to watch," etc. Elissa was a huge favorite and people are pissed that she's gone.

Frankly I don't get the hype over her. I didn't hate her, but she was very boring to me. And she was terrible at the game, even to the end (thinking McCrae voted out Amanda? Come on). Not someone I really wanted to root for. And while I agree that those left in the house have said some pretty nasty things, ALL of the houseguests have this year. It's been the season of hours and hours of sitting around bashing whoever the target is that week. Some took it farther than others, but they've all been guilty of it. So it's hard for me to point fingers and say that any of them are horrible human beings when they've all been caught up in the mob mentality this year.

I actually like the Exterminators, minus GinaMarie. She has always annoyed me. But I do like Judd. Spencer isn't terrible, though he's been kind of creepy with some of his sexual talk. And although fans seem to really hate Andy for being a "rat," from my perspective he has played a very good game. I think he would be very deserving of a win, and I don't really understand why people claim to want someone who is strategic and backstabs, yet they then despise that person when it comes to pass. I actually don't mind McCrae either. Now that Amanda is gone I think I will like him a lot more.

So, that's my take on things. This final 5 is really hated, but I don't get it. I've watched the same feeds as all the other feeders have, yet we come away with completely different perspectives. It's all part of the social experiment that is BB.

10. JirinPanthosa

I think it's more that a vast majority of the people who don't like the catty inexplicably hostile drama queens have already stopped watching Big Brother.

I didn't dislike Elissa, but she really didn't play much of a game.

And yeah, I'd much rather have seen a final five that included people like Nick, Howard, Helen, etc. But the people left other than Judd are the people who play great defensive games.

It's kind of like how some people say Sandra didn't deserve her Survivor wins, but I disagree strongly because I think she's the best defensive player of all time. Every time anyone focused on her she managed to deflect the axe to somebody else, and other than making alliances with everybody and somehow convincing them never to talk to each other that's how you win these elimination games. And just happens to be the game that Andy, Spencer, and Ginamarie all play. There were no good offensive players this year other than first half Amanda, so all the offensive players got themselves axed and the good defensive players are left.

11. Danny99

A lot of my problems are stemming from these people not knowing when enough is enough. They have been non stop bashing Elissa since she left and they evicted her already.

I would've liked to see Amanda and Helen still here if they hadn't gone to the power hungry side of things. Amanda was controlling the game from the sidelines, but then she turned into a bitch. Helen was doing pretty much the same thing and then got a huge case of HOH-itis and her nauseating speeches (example: You wanted to be Janelle, you're better than Janelle!)

I think the favorite to win is Andy, mainly because he and Spencer have the final two arrangement. Unless they slip and let GinaMarie know she is the low woman on the totem pole and let Judd know he's the odd man out by keeping the focus on McCrae this week. The only way Andy loses if he makes the final two is if it's by protest vote movement by Helen, Amanda, and Elissa.

I'm sorta hoping McCrae wins POV and throws this into chaos. I give the exterminators credit for being a bunch of floaters and low on the totem pole types realizing it and coming together, but the only one I wouldn't hate winning is GinaMarie. I'm cheering for McCrae, finally a super-fan who isn't reprehensible and played the game too hard.

12. Danny99

I'm not sad to see Judd go. The bitter Judd that has been around since his revival has been no fun to watch.

13. JirinPanthosa

I liked having Judd in the house but I'm glad he didn't win. At this point I'd be happy with an Andy/Spencer final. Other than some of the people who got screwed early by an MVP nomination, they played the least terrible games out of everyone.

14. Danny99

So we have a final three and I've choked back the fact that it's this three houseguests. McCrae would've be an interesting F2 partner for any of them because he only has one guaranteed vote and the rest of them hate him for being anywhere near Amanda. I was slightly shocked that none of them at least made a play at it.

I'm glad that both Spencer and Gina Marie have figured out that Andy needs to go for either of them to have a shot. Andy makes the final two, he wins the game.

I'm sort've bummed that all the power players are gone, but you really can't say anything bad about an underdog alliance managing to pull it out. The whole thing hinged on Andy and it worked.

15. JirinPanthosa

Power players only deserve to win if they're good power players. All the power players this year were bad power players.

I wouldn't be so sure Andy has the votes in the jury. It may seem that way to Spencer and Ginamarie but remember that every single person Andy voted against was a person Andy swore he was loyal to. Amanda, McRae, Judd, Elissa, Helen, all personally betrayed by Andy. Whereas everyone Spencer betrayed didn't make the jury and GM was never in a position where she had to.

EDIT: And anyway, it's not these three we're ever going to see again on the show. It's Elissa and Mr and Ms Amanda.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  16. Danny99

It's all over tonight and I don't think anyone has the foggiest clue or care who is going to win.

17. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sadly true.

Looking forward to certain jury members and houseguests facing the real world consequences of their actions (i.e., former houseguests, the Chenbot, and especially the boos from the studio audience). Wonder if anyone's going to mention the firings or police investigations to Aaryn, GinaMarie or Spencer...

18. Danny99

I don't they will, maybe just at first or maybe at all, be able to grasp the magnitude of what some of them said. They will hide behind "I didn't think it would offend anyone and I'm sorry it did."

It'll be interesting to see what CBS does with the show next year at such a visceral reaction from the fans about this year. Do they fall back into the cushy blanket of trotting out former HG's or do they take another stab at a all-new cast? Do they keep the 90 day season? Do they bring back MVP?

19. JirinPanthosa

I'm surprised Andy evicted Spencer. I think he would have had a better shot.

Is it obvious to anyone else the producers didn't want Spencer to win HoH? I mean really, a rock climbing wall? Neither Andy and Spencer are athletic but Spencer's got a good 80 pounds on him.

20. Danny99

And what is the point of America's Vote? We all know Brenchel army is going to vote for Elissa and the rest will be split.

Andy can harp on the fact he made a night one deal with GinaMarie, but I think he took her because of her public speaking skills.