Star Trek Film Makers Association

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Linnear, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Linnear

Linnear Lieutenant Commander

To everyone else on this board. If you are a real person who wants to share and be part of a group of fun, dedicated film makers, let us know. The interactions some of us have had already have been fantastic.

Craig Sheeler of Star Trek: Secret Voyage and I spent a good part of the Creation Las Vegas convention together. I introduced him to Pony Horton, VFX guy extraordinaire, and Rick Chambers, one of Phase IIs writers. Craig is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Jim Bray of Starship Ajax and I Skyped for almost an hour, as only geeks can do. Ajax is one of my favorite projects and John Hughes and Jim are two awesome folk. I introduced Jim to James Cawley and now Jim is going to the P2 shoot next month. Jim is an amazingly talented sculptor and mold maker too and his Gorn masks are simply amazing.

I am trying to get Nick Cook of Intrepid to come to the USA, but between work and his newborn baby, it will be tough, but I am determined to get him into Axanar. Our Facebook chats are awesome as he is such a friendly guy. I was able to get him a bunch of distressed costumes from Star Trek: The Experience at no cost from CBS.

We are all having fun and helping each other. If you have a helpful, drama-free attitude, we would love to have you.

Alec Peters

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Obviously, this is also an idea with some merit.

3. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

But who says we don't already? We just shot a vignette yesterday featuring the star of another production (Star Trek: Lexington).

Our lead actor, Jeffrey Green (Captain Grigory) lended his voice talents to http://startrekvalkyrie.com/

Michael Stutelberg of Star Trek: Eagle asked permission (which was freely granted) to use a young Ensign Grigory in a comic book production of his series.

We recommended one of our voice actors, Michael Liebmann, to another production. He did great for them.

This sort of thing goes on all the time.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No one. They're saying an association might promote even more.

5. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Oh, I agree completely, but I'm pointing out a lot of us already share resources and talent. Not sure everyone realizes that.

6. JimTheBuilder

JimTheBuilder Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Coming in late to the party, but I've been away for a few days. I'm right there with Nick! And I'll have to say that Mike Bednar has been nothing but nice to me every time we communicate. His input to AJAX has been valuable.

7. JimTheBuilder

Actually, Alec some of these guys have been nice enough to send me bunches of walla/chatter files to use for AJAX...and I've done VO work, as well as has my wife. We'd love to help with a radio drama!

8. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Linnear, after reading today's stuff, you're definitely coming across in an immature and unpleasant manner now and I really need you to stop. You are doing *exactly* what you're accusing others of doing.

-

From this post forward, if anyone continues this, I'm warning. I'm done with this behavior.

I don't want to see more notifies on this thread or any PM wars or whatever.

Most people here are grown adults and should act like grown adults. If anyone feels someone is trying to provoke, then as I've said earlier, mod notify works (and God knows we've had tons of mod notifies on this crap). DON'T respond in kind.

9. Linnear

My apologies T'Boo. I wish you had closed the thread yesterday when it was clearly no longer useful. I just don't deal well with anonymous posters who attack me. Especially when I am trying to help people. I clearly over-reacted and I am sorry to have caused you grief.

Alec

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Who is anonymous here? Mostly everyone here are long time posters, some of whom go back over the ten years I have been posting here. Obviously, some have Halloween names but there far from anonymous. Just saying..

11. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

As an audio producer (Excelsior) I am happy to share any talent or expertise anyone wants to tap at any time. That said, audio for a video production is a very different animal than audio for audio (does that make sense?)

Bottom line, if you think I can help with any production issues (audio or video) please feel free to drop me a note any time.

12. Linnear

And Mike if you need any voice talent, let me know. I study at the Howard Fine Acting Studio in Hollywood (Actually one of three Phase II Alums studying there) and we have a large number of talented actors there. I am happy to get the word out, as I mentioned to John Atkin. Just send me details if interested.

Alec

13. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

We're always looking for voice actors, although at the moment, our roles are filled. The upcoming season should offer a much greater variety of guest starring roles. Anyone who's interested should visit our website www.starshipexcelsior.com where we have a process for accepting auditions at any time.

Naturally we can't guarantee everyone a spot, but I think we've been able to give a very high percentage of people who take the trouble to apply some sort of role.

14. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

Very true and a great deal of us have links in our sigs that point to our "secret identities," like mine where you can learn a great deal about me and what I do professionally as a writer and editor.

15. Linnear

I introduced Jim Bray from Ajax to James Cawley last month and Jim went to help out with the Nov. shoot at Phase II. James Cawley, being the generous guy he is, gave Jim two bolts of velour fabric since P2 is using double knit now.

[​IMG]

This is the kind of working together that we want to promote.

Alec

16. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Yes, that was very generous of James. That kind of fabric doesn't come cheap.

17. JimTheBuilder

Well....I didn't come empty-handed. Gifts were exchanged.;)

I also helped with makeup... :klingon: had a blast AND lent a hand.

Going back tomorrow for round two! :bolian:

18. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

It's wonderful to see cross-promotional cooperation between the shows.

19. Linnear

It wasn't a big green lizard thing was it?

:)

20. J.C. England

J.C. England Lieutenant Red Shirt

I like all the fan-made films. After seeing first-hand now
    how they are made and the hours, days, months, and years
    that go into these projects (and on such a teency weency
    budget) my respect has grown for all those who choose to
    even attempt this. My hat is off to all.