Reunion

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Klingon Empire, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

Got to see the ep twice yesterday, thought I would make a thread about it.

I really love the Klingon theme episodes, and this on was no different, what was your thoughts on it?

2. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My brief thoughts...

Great new ship for the Empire.

I think Gowron poisoned K'M'Pec.

I like that Worf was not tamed by the writers and that he went through with his revenge.

I did not like the addition of Alexander to the series (I know he didn't actually become a regular until season 5, but still...).

3. Klingon Empire

I do enjoy the Vor'cha class above the older K'Tinga and the new, more powerful Negh'Var

4. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Klingon story arc was probably one of the greatest executed in television history. From really seasons 3-5 they just devoloped Worf so well i couldn't contain myself during Redemption(my favorite episode).

5. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree that this episode was excellent, and so was the whole Klingon arc of TNG. For those who argue that TNG never showed meaningful character development or that actions in one episode never had consequences in another, they should re-watch these episodes.

6. dooky

dooky Ensign Newbie

Always thought it was a shame that K'Ehleyr had to die. She was one of the most interesting Klingons in the show's history. Still, the episode made up for it somewhat by introducing another fascinating Klingon, in Gowron.

7. MikeS

I consider Sins Of The Father, Reunion and Redemption to be the best trilogy Trek ever attempted. Even above ST: II, III and IV.

Shame that the klingon-arc became so lame by the sixth season. I don't think I ever saw Birthright more than a couple of times. (Data's dream sequence excused.)

8. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Other than the fact that it provided a bit of character development for Worf, I don't really think of Birthright as part of TNG's "Klingon arc." It's pretty much a standalone story. Also, as a two-parter, it seems awfully disjointed, what with the Data plot thread not figuring into part II at all, and a major character from the sister show seemingly thrown in for no real reason.

9. MikeS

Yes, it jarred with me too. You might aswell have had two seperate episodes rather than a two-parter.

And I should have said "Klingon episodes" not "Klingon-arc" in that last paragraph.

10. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I disagree, Rightful Heir and Firstborn were great episodes from seasons 6 and 7.

11. MikeS

That's what makes a board like this so interesting! People have all kinds of different opinions. :bolian:

12. datagal

datagal Admiral Admiral

I have to disagree about Gowron poisoning K'M'Pec.
    I believe that it was Duras because he's too sneaky like a Romulan. Gowron had no problem killing you in person. He would politicizing it afterwards. ;)
    Duras usually let other people do his dirty works.

13. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I tend to agree with you datagal.

14. I just scad after. Your post what the hell are doing...?????

15. Klingon Empire

I firmly believe that Duras was the one to kill K'M'Pec. I've based a lot of my assumptions on the Duras Family on that, and like, the ep with Alexander as an Adult.

Plus his father betrayed the Empire. That's like...pointing to him being the one.