Cartoon Network Returning Genre Shows Sat AM

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by cylkoth, Sep 28, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has anyone else had trouble finding them on ITunes?

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Explaining cartoon networks idiotic idea to not air any new episodes of YJ and Gl

The sudden pull of last weeks episode was so abrupt not even iTunes knew about it

They were promptly pulled.

In the the aftermath the young justice episode was the number 2 most downloaded thing

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm too stubborn to pay them for pulling the episode.

4. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is coming across like an effort to the kill the shows.

To keep my DVR from filling up with junk, I'm forced to delete the series recordings for them. That means I might conceivably forget to set them back up, if they ever do air again.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^You could just set the dvr to only record new episodes in that particular time slot.

6. CorporalCaptain

Well, that's the way it's set, but because the schedule hasn't been updated, I get these dragon shows!

7. sojourner

Your cable system/satellite provider still hasn't gotten updated listings now a week after the fact? lame.

8. Mr. Adventure

Neither did mine (Comcast) for that matter. Zap2It isn't working for me at the moment but TVGuide.com is showing them listed under this morning as well.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/green-lantern-the-animated-series/361724
    http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/young-justice/309343

9. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

CN has also been advertising it's arrival in Canada but looks like it's going to be add on channel.

Not sure where that's going to leave Teletoon who've shown a lot of the stuff that airs on CN in the U.S though apart from the Clone wars we haven't had any new YJ or A:EMH in recent times.

10. CorporalCaptain

Correct. Yes, it's lame, alright. But lame or not, I'm not filling up my DVR with shows I don't want to watch, while I'm out of town.

11. Mr. Adventure

I don't think it's as lame as deciding not to show them the night before. We're the people in charge of listings even properly informed?

12. CorporalCaptain

Excellent questions. And to clarify, my irritation that GL and YJ were still on the schedule this weekend was directed at CN and not my cable provider. My cable provider is really good at updating schedules in a timely manner when programming changes. The fact that they haven't updated the schedule means that the schedule is accurate to their knowledge. That (probably) means that CN isn't bothering to put an updated schedule in the pipeline.

13. sojourner

That isn't supported by the fact that my cable company did get updated listings for this weekend. Your cable company most likely just didn't get around to updating.

Last weekend is CN's fault for the last minute pulling, this weekend is the fault of the cable company if you still got incorrect shows recorded.

14. CorporalCaptain

I'm going to ask them on Monday about it.

15. Mr. Adventure

Out of curiosity do you have Time Warner?

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

My DVR continues to think they're new episodes of GL and YJ as well.

17. sojourner

I have Brighthouse. The company is surprisingly good at keeping listings up to date on the DVR system.

18. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

My cable guide also listed both shows as running in spite of the scheduling move by CN. BTW, TV Guide supplies the guide info for Comcast, so while all other data was correct, this would indicate that CN hasn't supplied them with the proper information yet.
    Curiously, there was another last minute schedule change over on Nick. Power Rangers Samurai, was also listed for Saturday, but didn't air.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not CN, but another Turner Network, TBS aired Conan an hour earlier than normal on (I think) Tuesday instead of the Big Bang Theory episodes TVGuide.com listed. They also still listed YA and GL:TAS as being on yesterday morning, and today.

20. Mr. Adventure

They did air Conan an hour early when the Tigers game got rained out but that was at least something thrust onto them out-of-the-blue.