Undercovers Cancelled

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Starbreaker, Nov 4, 2010.

1. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Honestly, its the show I desperately wanted to like...but couldn't. Basically the whole series amounts to talking about national security secrets in places that are not secure and the main character being insecure about the other guy boning his wife years ago. I like the actors, I like the productions staff, I like the premise, but something's just off and has been from the start.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It's a throwback to the kind of lightweight entertainment that used to be common in TV drama back in the '70s and '80s, something like Hart to Hart, say. These days, the turn-your-brain-off viewing niche tends to be filled by "reality" shows, so we expect dramas (or even comedy-dramas) to be deeper and more involved.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wanted to watch this to support Gugu who is known for playing Tish Jones on Doctor Who amongst her other work. I don't have cable at home right now so I was never able to view it.

4. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think having that guy in almost every episode really hurt the show. Once was okay, but it got really repetitive with all the jealousy.

5. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't see it as an issue of insecurity as more of disrespect. Why would the guy feel the need to bring that up in the first place, and to constantly do it? It wasn't funny, even the first time, and it got old real fast. In the later shows they've pretty much let that go and I was glad for it. What man is going to let another man talk about his wife like that, over and over again. I was disappointed that he didn't get warned the first time and punched the second, by either Mr. or Mrs. Bloom.

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With this I agree. He never struck me as indispensible and pretty much was redundant. What could he do really that the Blooms couldn't? It was a poor attempt at comedy that was more poor than comedy. Plus I have to wonder if it was a hedge your bets type deal by having a somewhat Alpha-male type white guy, the typical kind of person you see in spy shows. However, this guy wasn't cool or smooth enough to be that type of Bondian agent, nor was he hardcore enough to be like Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne or even Michael Westin from Burn Notice.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, I wondered about that. In the pilot, Leo was treated as a one-time character, but then he was reintroduced in the second episode as a regular. That felt to me like a network-ordered change, like maybe they were uncomfortable with a cast that didn't include a young male WASP type and said, "Hey, can you make that Leo guy a regular too?"