Insurrection & Nemesis Workprints

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by luciofulci, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever come across workprints of either Insurrection or Nemesis?

I know there is a workprint of Generations floating around but I have seen both of these mentioned in trader circles at some point, however I have no other information.

A few years ago I got in touch with someone via craiglists who claimed to have Insurrection. However after he took my money I never heard from him again! He might have just made it up, he might of had Generations and got mixed up or he might have actually had it.

Does anyone have any info?

Many thanks

2. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mind if I ask my own question? How does one FIND the Generations work print?And I don't mean the rough-cut. I mean the near-finished preview version that caused so much outrage. The one whose ending was posted on YouTube by trek core a while back.

3. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Mods - if there was a download link for the workprint - am I allowed to post it?

4. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Highly unlikely you would be allowed to post it, but a private message would be fine I guess. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

5. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Understood :)

6. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Actually I can't seem to see how I send a private message - I'm quite new here - are private messages allowed initially?

7. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

I wouldn't mind a private message as well ... ;)

8. CaptainBearclaw

Thank you, that would be much appreciated, and would be a great resource for my new deleted material thread.

9. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Sorry guys but it's telling me I don't have permission to send a PM.

10. CaptainBearclaw

That's fine. I'll probably find it eventually.:techman:

11. luciofulci

luciofulci Ensign Newbie

Well if one of the mods can turn on PM's I'm happy to send the link out.

12. CaptainBearclaw

Maybe it would just be more fun to make speculations on what the state of these work prints are? Like if Insurrection's alternate ending was ever completed with visual effects like Generation's ending? Or if Nemesis was scored before it was cut apart?

13. Samson

Samson Cadet Newbie

I know this is a old post but I'd love to be able to check out the workprint.
    Thanks.

14. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Are most work prints generally scored already? Because the Wrath of Khan work print was not scored except in a couple of places with stock music not Star Trek music at all

15. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Old is right! First of all, it's typically frowned upon here to reply to extremely old threads, especially without adding new information. Secondly, if you click the username of the poster who allegedly knew how to track down these alleged workprints, you'll see they haven't even visited the board since writing the post you're replying to, back in 2013 (a pity, another couple posts, and they'd be able to send PMs).

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Varies from film to film. Some will be scored, some will have no score, and some will have temp music.

17. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Samson, this thread is way past its expiration date. Since you seem to be a newbie, I am the moderator of Trek Movies I-X, and need to inform you that you don't post on a thread that has been inactive for a year or more. Don't be afraid to ask questions of your own and make a new thread when you can.

Samson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.