Lucy (2014) Scarlet Johansen, Morgan Freeman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Here's the trailer for this sci fi film

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVt32qoyhi0[/yt]

I'm no fan ScarJo but I am intrigued by this movie. It's the kind of film that starts with a bland premise but becomes more interesting as it goes.

2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Looks like "Limitless," but much less annoying, and Scarjo is hotter than BradCoop.

i'll catch it.

3. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like it could be fun, although I wish they were relying on a better explanation for her powers than the tired and long-ago discredited "10% of the brain" thing.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Ugh...that old "humans only use 10% of their brain" nonsense. I really wish lazy writers would stop using that myth. It's almost as ridiculous as that "some dinosaurs were so big they needed two brains" idiocy.

Also, the idea that it'd take a being only ten times more intelligent than most humans to comprehend the bounds of the universe and warp reality is IMO a gross overestimation of how advanced we already are, and/or an underestimation of how vast and complex *everything* is in it's totality. Clearly this writer has no clue how evolution works.

...that aside, it looks like a fun movie and Luc Besson is a fantastic director, so I'll be sure to check this out.

5. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Finally, a pro-drugs superhero movie! ;)

Other than the "10% of the brain" thing (*groan*), this looks really fun. After seeing both "Captain America: TWS" and "Her" last week, I'm definitely game for more cool ScarJo movies.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Captain America.