The 10th doctor and plans for series 5

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Basically working backwards(pre regeneration) but going forward with Amy for 13 episodes

http://tennantnews.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/steven-moffat-on-what-could-have.html

Interestingly Moffat's version of things where the doctor is nearing his end(Big Bang or proposed season 5) all involve seeing Amelia.

I wonder if he'll do the same when Smith steps down.

We get a glimpse of Caitlin(little Amy) who's a few years older the last time we saw her

2. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I just read this on Facebook! A great idea but I think that it would have been a bit obvious... would have needed another twist or two to trick us all :p

3. Samurai8472

Now i'm interested in how "End of Time" would have worked out

Crashes through the sky light and then?

How would the TARDIS have been damaged?

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

An interesting idea, but I much prefer the End of Time.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

RTD wasn't anywhere close to writing "The End of Time" when Tennant turned down Moffat's offer for series 5. They were filming the River Song two-parter at the time, so while RTD knew there was going to be a year of specials, he had no idea what those specials were going to be.

If Tennant had wibbled and decided to stay on for series 5, if there was an "End of Time," it would have been vastly different -- and RTD would likely have written his final special as a lead-in to whatever Moffat had in mind.

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have a feeling that if Tennant did stay on, I probably wouldn't have liked his last series anywhere near as much as his previous ones. I don't really like Moffatt's style of writing much. To many plot twists.

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Are you offering a toast?

8. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Make mine Dill Rye or Sourdough, please ;)

9. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

How about powdered toast?

10. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've always imagined had series five featured Tennant it could have played out pretty much as it did, but the twist could have been as Amy 'wishes' the Doctor back into existence and the Tardis materializes at her reception, when the doors open instead of Dr 10 emrging it could be Dr 11. The regeneration could have happened off screen and then series 6 could have had a running story arc where doubts are created in both Amy and Rory (and more importantly the audiences' minds) as to whether or not this is indeed the Doctor, or a substitute.

11. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, he wouldn't have needed to do any lead in on the basis of what's been posted here: the last of the 2009 specials could have ended with the Doctor heading off as normal: then 11th Hour opens with the dying Doctor crashing in Amelia's garden, without any explanation at the time, but we later learn that's the Doctor from season's end. Then the Doctor, just post-2009 specials, turns up as normal and meets Amy with no knowledge of young Amelia's meeting with his later self.

No need for any set up from RTD.

12. Samurai8472

Some minor tweaking from "Planet of the Dead" and we're good

-Take out the psychic black woman giving the doctor a warning

"Planet of the Dead" basically ends the same way with Christina off in the bus and the Doctor going back inside the TARDIS

The Christmas special would be "The Eleventh Hour" since Amelia is praying for Christmas presents and Santa

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well that would have been a nice idea, hopefully he won't do that with Smith given he's already given the game away now though :p

14. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    As interesting as I think that would have been, if Tennant had stayed on, it means that we wouldn't have gotten Season 5's best episode, "The Lodger." Let's face it, so much of that episode is based on Smith's social awkwardness. Tennant is just too cool for it to work.

15. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except that... The Lodger is adapted from a DWM comic strip of the same name, with the 10th Doctor and Mickey rather than 11 and Craig.

16. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Doesn't mean it wouldn't have played differently on screen with Tennant than Smith, though.