SGU needed Flashbacks, not Stones

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Morpheus 02, May 11, 2011.

1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ That's true. A more in-depth look at the issue along with the fun factor would have been nice.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of the kino webisodes does say that the people on Earth who volunteer for stone swaps actually sign forms authorizing their bodies to be used for sexual purposes.

The weirdness of that aside, my main beef with the stones is that everyone was so accpeting that these strangers who walked into their houses were in fact their loved ones, and some of these people agreed to have sex with a complete stranger who just claimed to be their husband/wife/significant other. In fact, aside from Eli's mother, no one showed any real skepticism about these complete strangers claiming to be loved ones.

3. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I knew about the kino webisode, but why wouldn't something like that have actually been in the show? I guess they wanted to have sex but not talk about the consequences. :p

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

You want consequences, what would have happened if someone got pregnant as a result of stone sex? Yes, I'm sure people took the proper precautions, but there is no such thing as perfect birth control. That would have been one hell of a mess. Bad enough if a stoned man (hah!) impregnated a woman on Earth, but even worse if a stoned woman got pregnant. All she wanted was to help two lovers reunite, now she's ended carrying a child for nine months. Who would get custody of such a child? That could have been an interesting issue to deal with.

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ I would have loved to have seen that happen.

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see the stones as a crutch and I think it would be more intense not to have them. At the same time, it does help them being able to keep in touch to keep some semblence of being part of the Stargate franchise.

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Stones as they were done in Season 2 was pretty good, for the most part. As used in Season 1, I could have done without them.