Saving Mohinder - Heroes!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Meredith, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

We can all agree Mohinder has become a bit of a hindrance tot he Heroes Universe, not because of the actor, but because of the sloppy ass writing.

How would you fix the character to make him better, well besides writing him out or killing him?

I liked him in season 1 because he was trying to find the truth and because he was a way to show the amazement of the powers from a "joe eveyone" perspective.

I say have Hiro or peter bring him forward in time from a pre-season 1 perspective. He can in a way be re-booted and may beable to have a second chance to re-deem himself.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

My first thought was: there's no saving the character...the writers have just crapped on him to much to ever have a believable save.

However...I guess, maybe, after his experience with his experiments, he turns a new leaf, again, and maybe becomes the link between the Heroes and the Joe Everyone...maybe he becomes more like his father/Professor X, trying to make the world understand that the Heroes are normal...just with extra-ordinary.

I don't think bringing a pre-season 1 Mohinder would work...as, well, what happens to the time line, wouldn't he have to go back? Heroes and Time Travel works very poorly, remember that Irish Chick lost somewhere in time.

3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, first he has to be saved from this transformation that he's going through; I think Old Man Petrelli could do that and so could Sylar.

Then I think it would be nice to have him end up in charge of the company; which would, in effect, make him the Professor X type.

4. Yassim

Yassim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think, dramatically speaking, the character has to die to be redeemed.

Eating people? Experimenting and euthanizing? He's gone all bad. He needs to give his life for these crimes.

Also, he's gone from being the cool normal-in-a-strange-world POV to being super (in a way I never really bought, it was so instant) and the idiot who shot himself full of an experimental drug, cried about the side effects and ripped off David Cronenberg. Nothing they do is going to make me forget all that. Flush him.

PS - I want someone to generate a random Heroes voiceover generator. "How does the genetic code of greatness inhibit our destiny? Is it random, or does fate meander through our ancestral heritage? While we grasp at the will of chance blahblahblah..."

5. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mohinder hit a high late in S3 when he was mistakenly working for Sylar and then figured it out. The character was never really well-conceived because he was always two steps behind the audience so his scenes are spent with us waiting for him to catch up. Over time he was developed into the normal (mortal? Muggle?) who could've been the focal point, the heart of all these divergent stories.

It fell apart once the writers decided that he wanted powers all of the sudden. Then they made him Seth Brundle. Then they forgot they did that so now he's in a lab, once again stupidly working for the wrong team, no longer turning into a monster, but now he's a mad scientist.

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Yahoo named him one of five characters on TV who needs to go...

http://tv.yahoo.com/slideshow/381/photos/

Mohinder is the stupidest smart guy on television. During Season 1, he was pretty cool and I enjoyed his storylines. But the writers have completely destroyed him as for the third season in a row, he's working for the bad guys.

7. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

:lol: Well said about the voice over! That gets tedious.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I think it was a good idea for a storyline (even more so if it was to lead to his death) however they just dont know where to go with it, fine he has become this monster, well show us this monster already, let him be truly monsters, and have the other Heroes stop him.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

At this point, poor Mo can be saved only if it is revealed that his ill-conceived plan to inject himself with superpower juice has caused serious changes to his personality which have, among other things, caused the parts of his brain governing morality and intelligence to simply cease to function.

Yeah, he's so far gone that only a technobabble reset can save him now. And even that doesn't explain away the original idiocy that he deliberately decided to experiment on himself despite a) having seen for himself how horribly the mutant powers can mess people up (Sylar, Nikki, isn't that enough?) and b) experimenting on yourself is really just never a good idea. Didn't they teach Doctor Suresh that in science school?

When he is restored to his old self, he will be utterly horrified by his behavior and make it his lifelong campaign to rid the world of superpowers and superpower juice in an attempt to make amends for things he can never really make amends for. Not where I wanted the character to go, but it's a salvage plan of a sort.

And he must NEVER be written as an idiot again! :klingon::klingon::klingon: Three Klingons say so!

10. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Me and my friend have been hoping for his killing since day one. He's been useless from the first episode, an idiot that serves no point in any story other than to tell the viewer what we've known all along. And to make stupid decisions along the way.

11. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah this really bugged me., in the future ep when Peter visits him they kept his monster form in the shadows. Now in the present they have yet to have him complete his transformation but they have no problem showing the redshirt test subject all freakish. It seems that they're reluctant to uglify the main characters(something which happens in actual comics too...the ugly monstrous heroes are usually sideline characters or the first to become cannon fodder.)

I dont recall him eating anyone???:confused:

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Kill him off. Kill anyone who doesn't have powers and isn't named Noah off.

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Noah should have done us all a favor and killed off Mohinder in season 2. Mo has been completely useless this season.

14. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The voiceovers are stupid and I ignore them as best as I can. Dropping them would help. The writers should go ahead and make him a villain, flat out. As for the possibility of dropping him, Sendhil Ramamurthy is possibly the prettiest actor on the show, which makes that unlikely.

15. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's the bad guys evil scientist; a criminal mutated monster who experiments on people then snuffs the botched jobs. His story options would appear to be limited: villainous monster or death.

Any other path is a laughable illogical cop out, and surely the one they'll take.

16. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

I think that the writers will cop out on us again. They have proven reluctant to follow through on killing anyone they like in the show since Simone and Isaac.

I can see it now. Next chapter we will meet another newly powered person who has the ability to temporally regress anyone or anything to any previous point of their personal timeline. They will regress Mohinder to the end of Season 1, Peter to the beginning of this season to give him all his powers back, and anyone else they deem to need a do-over. Then they will kill him off, but his powers would be added to Peter's arsenal.

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Peter is just Claire's sidekick now and we know what happens to those in comic books. He's Bucky, just not the cool resurrected Ed Brubaker version.

18. Yassim

Yassim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it was strongly hinted that he was drinking blood from those people he was keeping in his loft/lab.

19. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's ironic because I think of all the main characters, Noah is the one it makes the most story-sense to kill off, not now but pretty soon. His role is just to be Claire's dad. When Claire grows up (or maybe I should say IF she grows up! :rommie:), Noah has no further use in the story.

Personally, I think Hiro is the most useless character-wise. Poor Mo actually has a use in the story as the scientist who is trying to figure out a way out of the whole mess. Trouble is, he seems intent on making the mess even worse.

Peter is Luke Skywalker. which makes him arguably the most important character. He's certainly more interesting/less annoying than the other Luke Skywalker in the story, Hiro, who the writers have no clue what to do with and therefore should just kill kill KILL HIM ALREADY! :rommie:

Claire is Peter's sidekick. I have no idea what that girl thinks she's doing, but I guess she has something to prove. At least she isn't stagnating but the more she progresses towards adulthood, the faster the clock is ticking for Noah...

20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I would vote for Nathan, actually. Most of the time this season he's been introducing Tracey to people and then explaining her power to them.