Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

They work just like pistons, their direction is determined by the angle you place them from. I had been using jungle tree logs for the horizontal beams, but it looked really silly from above, so this is a very welcome addition.

I've done some trading with the villagers, but they haven't offered much of use yet.

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, very cool! Kes will likely want to redesign part of her lodge due to that :) Am I right, Kes? ;)

3. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Anyone up for giving this a go?

MineZ Is Zombie Survival Minecraft

I've been playing it solo for a week now, and it's really quite fun. You don't even have to install anything.

4. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been watching Paulsoaresjr's lets play series on Youtube. It looks like fun, but I'm not sure I'm such a big fan of PvP.

5. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Neither am I really, I try to avoid it at all costs (though that's mainly because of how bad my mouse is, the left button keeps sticking :p).

6. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've seen some of Guude's MineZ videos and it looks interesting, but the lag looks very, very annoying. It's hard enough to kill zombies in SMP without taking damage, when they move as fast as a sprinting player it seems almost impossible.

Anyone experience the nether-void glitch? Sometimes when you enter or leave the nether the chunk doesn't load properly and you fall into the void, losing everything. I had heard about it, but I've used the nether a dozen times in 1.3.1 and didn't experience the problem until last night. I quit the game about a second before I died, I had highly-enchanted diamond tools on me that I didn't want to lose so I used NBTedit to teleport myself onto the roof of the nether and put myself into creative mode to punch a hole in the bedrock roof. Terrifying glitch, I can't believe this wasn't picked up by the snapshot players before release.

7. zerosubset

zerosubset Cadet Newbie

At first glance you look at this game and go god those graphics are horrible and how boring. I gurantee if you give this game a try for more than a few hours you will be addicted. I run a you tube channel and have a 1o part series call giant castle check it out. Keep in mind this was done on xbox so we are much more limited on the tools and blocks used to build,but should give you a pretty good idea what you can do. Here is a vid. check out the other parts if you enjoy it. This is a older vid so there has been many more improvments since this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww0USwyCQDk&feature=plcp

side note if any one knows how to get the vid player on the fourm that would be a helpful tip for me

8. Cutter John

Ben - Haven't encountered the void glitch. Hell, I haven't run into any of the glitches people have mentioned, so I've actually not bothered to update to 1.3.2.

Zero - Yeah, the default textures are a bit too simple for my taste too. Although to be fair, from a distance things like mountains and large buildings still look pretty epic. And thankfully the pc version lets you install higher rez textures.
    But good job on the castle man. Looks great!

In others news, judging by the last couple of snapshots. 1.4 is going to be amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsqtm52vqgk&feature=g-all-u

9. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

This is one game that I am starting to think tells me that I am old; I look at this and, one on level, appreciate the simplicity, but on the other, I just ask myself, 'what is the appeal?'

10. Cutter John

Have you tried it yet?

11. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I felt the same way, until I played it.

It's basically LEGO on a computer, but a bit more dynamic than that, since there is a living world around you.

Plus, there is the exploration aspect and RPG mechanics, which add some appeal.

The nice thing about it is that you can play however you want. If you just want to build, then you can build. If you like fighting monsters and exploring, you can do that, too. If all you want to do is look for mines and collect loot, that's also fine. Or you can combine any or all of those. It's your choice.

12. Cutter John

Robert pretty well summed it up. I've yet to find another game that offers so many different play styles.

And yes, I do agree the graphics are pretty simplistic. One of the reasons I use a higher rez texturepack.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  13. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the game is what you make of it. You basically create your own experiences. Once you really start playing, you don't really notice the simplicities so much.

14. Saturn0660

Saturn0660 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just a little 100x100 greenhouse/farm i'm working on. Complete with water reservoir -> greenhouse -> working damn.

[​IMG]

15. Cutter John

Thats pretty darn impressive. Like something from a SimCity game.

16. Saturn0660

a few more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm just a bit curious where you manage to get all the materials you use for all these projects? Whenever I'm on at the same time as you, you're always building, not mining. Nonetheless, very cool!

18. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Well, he does have op powers, so... *cough*

Not saying he isn't doing it legit, though. It's not like I am watching. ;)

19. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be nice. I *really* hate shearing sheep now! Baa! Baa! BAA! BAABAABAA!!!! :lol: That's the main reason I've been slow to finish the airport, or at least get it to a respectable stage.

20. Saturn0660

Cuz i own at minecraft.. Wow, thats kinda sad that i just said that..