SyFy considering doing Cooking and Talk Shows...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Candlelight, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

http://www.tv.com/story/17751.html?tag=hotspot;gumball;1

I can hardly wait.

2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

A talk show that specifically talked about and interviewed luminaries of sci-fi across all it's mediums would be good. But I doubt that is what they mean.

3. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or some kind of geek debate show that pits Star Trek fans against Star Wars fans, or B5 fans against DS9 fans... sort of like a televised version of the internet. :D

And any cookery show that SyFy airs has to be hosted by Ethan Phillips in full character as Neelix. :p

4. kipron

kipron Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

This idea rocks. There is an almost inexhaustable source of arguments material too.

Hmmm, this idea rocks not so much. As much as I think Ethan Phillips is a good actor, Neelix always made me want to punch his stupid neurotic face in.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've recently rewatched season 1 and 2, and how much of an insecure, jealous little fuck is he? He almost seemed like he was an abusive partner the way he treated Kes at times.

7. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    I would love that kind of show. Perhaps with a segment of well known (and well spoken) genre fans discussing past, present and future events in scifi. It would be a nice platform for retrospectives too.

I agree though. Sadly I don't think that's what they mean.

8. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, they call themselves SyFy for a reason after all.

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In this edition of "Food Replicator Remedies," we will learn how to make fresh (i.e., still living) Klingon gagh and Ferengi tube grubs...

On today's episode of "Fanboy 911," Jenny finally confronts her boyfriend Todd's strange obsession with comic books and action figures--and asks Dr. Phil to help set up an intervention...

Pure. Television. Gold.

10. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

David Hewlett would be a great host for this. He is a genuine sci-fi fan, and a hilarious guy to boot.

11. softfocus

softfocus Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Haha...this would be awesome. I'd totally watch it! :techman:

A cooking show on SyFy, on the otherhand, just sounds like a terrible idea. As much as I love food and cooking, I fail to see any way in which it could possibly be an enjoyable or interesting show.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Klingon Chef, this fall on Sci-Fry.

13. THE CHEBB

THE CHEBB Captain Captain

Wow a cooking show on SyFy...will someone just pull the plug on that channel already....

14. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I could see a talk show working, but I suspect what we'll get will be stupid and do great in the ratings. The idea of a cooking show on SyFy...what the fuck?

15. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it will probably be like those annoying Vh1 shows where they get these actors & comedians no one's ever heard of to comment on different sci-fi fantasy shows or movies or sci-fi topics and dumb it down with unfunny comedy & stuff like "which show has the hottest alien babes - discuss?"

btw, anyone remember back in the mid/late 90s TNT(or was it TBS?) used to have these cooking shows called Dinner and a Movie where they would show a film & in between segments theyd have a couple comment about the film while they were cooking something that was themed to what they were watching? Maybe theyll do something like that...which would still be lame but whatever.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That sounds like a topic someone on this board would post.:lol:

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Good evening and welcome to TrekBBS Tonight. Along with Captain Craig and Peach Wookie, I'm Temis the Vorta. Tonight's topics -- Do you have a spider phobia? There may be help for you online. Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series is coming out on Blu-ray, and we have the first look. Also, we'll show you what happened when Jayson went on a blind date with a pregnant S&M dominatrix he met on the Interent. But first, Olivia Wilde was upset by Amy Adams in the quarterfinals of the genre babe of the week December Madness Tournament. We go live to Agent Richard07 with the story."

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That sounds like a perfect way to relaunch TrekTonight. ;)

19. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

You need to get this onto a podcast.

Now.

:devil:

20. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Didn't they already do this once back in when the network was new? Sci-Fi Buzz and there was another one that was a sci-fi version of a round table show.