Chuck - 4x03 - Chuck vs. The Cubic Z - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by the Dagman, Oct 4, 2010.

?

Rate the episode

1. Awesome!

22.2%
  2. Chuck

77.8%
  3. Morgan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Jeffster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Emmett Milbarge Memorial Stink Award

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. the Dagman

the Dagman Commodore Commodore

It is Chuckday once again. As we return to the Buy More this week we have another episode that looks like fun with a load of guest stars yet again.

Sarah, Chuck, and Casey must defend Castle from Volkoff's all-out attack to free their prisoner, Sarah's high school nemesis, Heather Chandler. Guest stars Nicole Richie, Steve Austin, and Stacy Keibler.

A change you may have noticed, I have updated the episode rankings. Both Chuck and Morgan have advanced greatly from the inept nerds we were introduced to back in the first episode. So I thought that should be reflected in the rankings. No one will ever get higher than Awesome! however. Nothing is better than Awesome!

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nicole Richie as a brunette is not bad...

3. Paulcpick

Paulcpick Commander Red Shirt

best of the season so far.....
    The ring bit between Chuck and Sarah at the end was good, Big Mike is back, and is the assman!!
    next week looks interesting to say the least...

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Nicole Richie looked good. I've never seen her look this good.

5. the Dagman

This episode was full of win. The return of Big Mike. The returns of Steve Austin and a surprisingly good Nicole Ritchie. Sarah's boot to the face of Heather in the air duct. A Stone Cold / Chuck Steel Cage Grudgematch! That Stone Cold Steve Austin wins! A Steve Austin / Stacey Kiebler face off that ends in Stone Cold fashion. And in the end, it is Big Mike with the cattle prod that brings down Austin in the final match. It was like I was watching an episode of WWE Raw! from around ten years ago. I was half-way expecting Jeff to dress up like Cactus Jack and be Big Mike's tag team partner.

Yeah, this new Buy More is some fun to play with. This episode went to the Awesome.

6. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Good episode

- the riot in the Buy More :lol:

- Chuck vs Austin Cagematch (where Chuck holds his own for a good time and only uses a minor Flash Fu)

- "My foot slipped.." :lol:

- Big Mike's back!

- the last scene with the Ring

I just love the idea that the relationship between Chuck and Sarah has become so strong that they can talk about their relationship that openly and resolve any budding problems before they become real problems. Season 1-2 Chuck/Sarah would have been angsting over that for the whole season. I knew the moment the ring was falling down the shaft how the scene was going to end but it was played out so well and funny that i couldn't help but laugh.

Now that the gang is fully assembled on to the next episode! (sometimes i wish i'd never knew Chuck and only discovered it after it ended and i can watch all the episodes in one go ;))

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, with this episode and next week's, they're doing what I would do if the show were winding down. Bringing back characters to close some doors and resolve some issues.

8. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this with the Stone Cold and Stacy Keibler connection along with the cage match. I was thinking Jeff should have come out as the other orange goblin, Hulk Hogan.

9. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

And that, ladies and gentlemen is the finest example of a "bottle" episode that took place mostly in vents and in existing indoor sets, but wow... Big Mike taser, Jeffster poetry slam, nicole ritchie and WWF dude, the ring.

I GOT TINGLES!

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ironic that you take away the Big Mike rating just in time for one of Big Mike's greatest episodes. :lol:

11. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

This episode was bursting...

...with AWESOME!

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Yay, for Big Mike. Glad to see him back.

13. the Dagman

Here's a little something for all you Chuck-fans who are also Browncoats. I may not be one of you, but sure, I'll throw you a bone every now and then if it has Chuck goodness involved.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Is that actually going to happen, or is this just a cruel, cruel tease? :(

15. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup, it's happening. Summer Glau's playing one of the Gretas in an upcoming episode.

I wiki linked to "Greta" since I had no idea where that term came from, not that the wiki link is especially useful. :)

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Solid episode. It wasn't quite full of as much awesome as it could have been, but I liked it. All the vent-crawling was a little awkward for me, though.