So what characters do you think have changed the most?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Charles Phipps, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Nog is the one who immediately leaps to mind. He started as a punk Ferengi kid and ended up a respected Starfleet senior engineer. Not too shabby.

2. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

One of the most underrated subplots of Star Trek. It's easy to see how someone like Kirk or Spock could make it in Starfleet. But Nog? He was thrown in jail during the series pilot because he was involved in a theft. That Sisko gave him a chance to prove himself resonates powerfully with anyone who believes that they needed only the chance to be successful in order for it to happen.

--Sran

3. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny, I thought I would be the first to mention Chakotay, but I guess not. In the beginning of Voyager, he was very much his own man, a strong and independent character. By the end of the show, he was nothing more then Janeway's 'yes-man'. So, to see him coming into his own again in the Voyager novels was very nice.

But, the list is so long, with people like Picard, Nog, Vaughn, Sisko, Kira, Odo....

4. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Worf yet. He evolved from hot-head to a respectable leading figure and family man.

5. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very true! I know some fans feel Worf has been overused, but thanks to DS9 and the novels, he has become one of my favorite characters. He matured a lot since Farpoint, where he actually tried to shoot the damn viewscreen.

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I definite ly agree with you about Kira going through major changes so did T'Pol.She joined Starfleet and got command of her own starship.Vulcan society really changed and so did T'pol after all the things she went through during the tv series and books. Ezri also went through major changes too.