Favorite Season Two Episodes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by AdmiralScreed, Jan 2, 2013.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

That's a good point. I think the purpose of that scene was to show viewers the newly constructed Ten Forward set, but you're right, Pulaski's response to that was not particularly realistic for a Doctor.

I still loved the character, though. She added a little bit of conflict to the main cast and made things a little more interesting. She had a wonderful character arc, too. The way she came around to Data was great, and she had real chemistry with Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn when they were on screen together. I love the actor and everything she brought to the show, and it's a shame she left.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well supposedly what finally stopped the cycle was our Picard killing the time-displaced one. Before that, it would always end with Picard leaving in the shuttle (in order to draw attention away from the Enterprise, or so he hoped), at which point the Enterprise would get destroyed and Picard sent back 6 hours.

This time, Picard realized that the correct decision was to stay on the Enterprise. And since trying to escape the vortex wasn't working for them, the only alternative was to fly right into the heart of it.

Why that actually worked, who knows.

3. I-Am-Prepared!

I-Am-Prepared! Ensign Red Shirt

Don't try and explain this episode - at the end of the day, none of it makes very much sense. But it *is* quite compelling, at least for the first 30 minutes or so.

4. I-Am-Prepared!

I-Am-Prepared! Ensign Red Shirt

It seems a little unfair to single out one moment in quite a poorly-written episode to dismiss the character out-of-hand.

5. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed, I-Am-Prepared. Besides which, I've always found it kinda sweet that the first person Deanna feels she can 'fess up to about the harrowing experience is the one senior crewmember who hasn't been on the ship five minutes. "I've just been raped by a mysterious alien" not being the easiest sort of thing to come out to your friends about, Pulaski being a relative stranger (but still a senior member of staff) no doubt made it much easier to cope with.

Added to which, if anything, the scene actually emphasises Pulaski's more compassionate traits. She's thinking of Deanna's feelings above the safety of the ship, yes. But it also shows she's got heart.

6. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

You know, I think I completely agree with you. Nice list!:bolian: