Do people lose thei virginity in star Trek too...

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Drago-Kazov, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

A) Holograms?

It's practical, if you screw up you can delete it and also you don't have to worry abot emotional issues, he/she is not going to tell anyone about you small "phaser pistol"

B) Girlfriend/Boyfriend/random hookup

C)Prostitutes, doing it like many of our great-granpas did it.

Its not a poll, i am just curious about your opinions.

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

What's all this fuss about "losing" one's virginity? With even primitive 22nd century medicine, you can no doubt get it back in no time flat!

Timo Saloniemi

3. Drago-Kazov

Name someone who ever got it back?

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Holograms would the 24th equivalent of a blow up doll so that wouldn't count.

We've seen all the characters have lovers for a brief time, so the same would apply for when they were younger. Committed relationships or one-night stands would probably both be as common as they are now.

Prostitution is one of the oldest professions so it will continue for a long time to come. I'm sure that more than a few people in Trek have paid for it at some point.

5. Drago-Kazov

Minuet can touch back, kiss and do a bunch of naughty stuff cannot, they are more then blow up dolls.

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Didn't Seven of Nine lose her virginity to a hologram of Chakotay (of all people:ack:)?

Anyone with access to a time machine. Which, in Trek, is a lot of people.

"No, Young Kirk, you're not ready!"

7. Bry_Sinclair

You were asking for opinions, so that is mine.

As for who has 'regained' ther virginity, I have heard of a couple of cases where women have had surgery to restore something down there that often breaks/tears/etc during their first time (seeing as how I have/will never be with a woman I wasn't paying that close attention).

Can't remember names, but a google search should give you some results.

8. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really, if you on the holodeck with just a holo-chracter, you're actually all by yourself in the room.

It's no different than having sex with a ripe grapefruit.

:)

9. Drago-Kazov

How do we define losing virginity:
    I would say frist real 'phase pistol" in the vagina assuming it fires as losing virginity.

By that standard we could say if Lore rapes someone that it wasn't rape since Lore is a machine.

10. Romulus Prime

Romulus Prime Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I...ummm...

....uuuh...

...hmmm....

[​IMG]

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sex with holograms is masturbation with a sex toy. It's impossible to "lose your virginity" to a sex toy.

12. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

The Starship Holodeck and DS9 Quark's Holosuites are places where any fantasy can be played out.

13. Vic Sixx

Vic Sixx Commodore Commodore

Holograms are more just sex toys, or grapefruits. Does the recipient have to have a soul in order for it to count? That rules out holograms, androids, and possibly animals. That sounds like the arguments our forefathers used in having sex with slaves, they're not real people so it doesn't count. That kinda hologram bigotry.

14. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

On Trueblood, the vampire Jessica "heals" any injury. So, she indeed gets it back.

15. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Everyone on the Enterprise D lost theirs to Riker or Troi. :shifty:

16. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Lore isn't a holodeck character, he is an intelligent being, so it would be rape, or if consensual then sex.

If someone programmed a non-thinking android to assault you, then still rape, because that "someone" is again an intelligent being employing a machine.

If "someone" (again) programmed the holodeck character for sex activity, then the aspect of consent comes into play, if your consent is present, then it's masterbation with a moving, but not living object.

:)

17. Garrovick

Garrovick Commander Red Shirt

Almost everyone. I'm pretty sure "The Naked Now" contains a notable exception.

18. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

For me, the term "losing your virginity" is fairly ridiculous. In actuality, you don't "lose" anything, rather, you GAIN an experience - in the best of what life has to offer!

19. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

:vulcan: Huh, what? I think you might need to work on your metaphors. ;) Or just state what it is. I assume you're talking abou vaginal sex but limiting sex to this seems rather impractical because it would mean people engaging only in same-sex activities can never lose their virginity.
    Star Trek has been a little inconsistent in depicting holograms. At least some of them have self-awareness and are sentient beings, so any sex with them should count as real sex. But with the others it's basically having sex with a very elaborate sex toy.

20. Bry_Sinclair

A very gruesome metaphor. How is losing one's virginity defined now?

Data went through a trial to determing that he was a sentient and independent being. Lore being a Soong-type android as well would also be covered by that ruling. So sex with either one would be considered 'real'.

:lol: Going by that definition I'm going to die a virgin!

I always think that a hologram is a tool, something to be used and abused (as it were), then replaced when necessary. They are only self-aware because they were programmed that way. The difference between them and Data is his uniqueness, with only three highly advanced Soong-type androids (Data, Lore and Julianna Tainer) in existence, they are rare and as such deserve special status. Though now with Data and Lore established as being dead, their 'mother' might be the only one left (and she doesn't even know she is one).

Before anyone point's out the whole B-4/Data 2.0 thing, I simply choose to ignore that cop out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.