Ghost Rider film rights revert back to Marvel Studios

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 3, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

2. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

Good.

While I doubt we'll be seeing another Ghost Rider movie any time soon, I hope Marvel will keep it in mind for the future. He's a great character and all it needs is a good script. Hell, make him a part of the Marvel cinematic universe. The recent comics have established Ghost Rider as one of the few individuals on Earth who can take the Hulk. If you can have an Asguardian, a WWII supersoldier and a guy in a mechanical suit interact, then why not add a demon to the mix.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Sony already ruined Spider-man, I'm glad they can't touch Ghost Rider anymore! :)

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Yep. The first one I didn't think was too bad. The second one was shit. Couldn't watch it. If it's going home, then it may be good again.

5. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I say it's at least MCU Phase 4 at the earliest that we might see Ghost Rider back on screen. That would likely be circa 2020-ish, at the earliest.
    Depending on how things go till then Feige seems to be focused on establishing/trying out properties that have yet to have a big screen debut. I don't blame him for that, Marvel is loaded with potential IP's waiting to hit big with the right direction.

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Ghost Rider is a cool visual and not much else. To my knowledge, there has never been any significant storyline in the comics, nothing that has left an impression, nothing definitive or iconic. Maybe the character is just a hollow shell.

7. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I found the Danny Ketch version to be far more interesting than the Johnny Blaze version at least for the first few years and then they ran out of ideas. His visual was also better.
    The films were horrid and not helped by Mr. Cage at all. The second one I only watch back to back with Elektra when I need to sleep for a day.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Is it just me or does this seem quick? It feels like it took years for Daredevil to revert, but that second Ghost Rider movie came out not that long ago.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think Sony has stopped giving a shit once the second GR movie flopped.

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I went to the first movie wearing my glow-in-the-dark GR shirt. I was so disappointed!

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ghost Rider is tarnished beyond hope. Just let him fade into the abyss.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been reading about the 'net that Sony did indeed voluntarily surrender the rights back early to Marvel Studios. I've not seen any type of official write up about this but people keep saying this like it's gospel. Just surrendered the rights.

I wonder then if there is a clause in the contract with wording akin to, "At any time we can defer the rights back to lending studio". However the legalese would be phrased.

13. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Yes, it's the "Get your shit off our lawn!" clause. :D

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

In other news Nicholas Cage has been seen around Marvel studios in a Ghost Rider costume demanding a part in the next one.