The Vampire Diaries - Season 3 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Sep 16, 2011.

1. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was worried about this season but tonight's episode was pretty good. I'm glad they are finally bringing a vampire hunter on the show. I've been waiting to see that for a while. That council Damon infiltrated wasn't cutting it for me. I've been wanting to see a Bladesque hunter.

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am hoping this Michael is badass. Since he is a vampire who hunts vampires and Klaus & Rebecca are afraid of him...could he be their father? :vulcan:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2011
  3. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

This last ep really picked things up.

Rebecca really annoys me for some reason. Klaus was bratty enough and her being spoiled and vapid just irks me.

I do like that Klaus' motivation was somewhat explained. He does not want to end up alone, vampires with family issues! I guess he felt like an outsider in the family, but that does not fully explain why they all turned on one another. I wonder if they will show us what made Klaus put the 1st family member in a coffin?

What keeps Katherine interesting for me is that she seems to see the bigger picture. Yes she is self-centered, but survival is what is important people. (It also cracked me up that Damon just left Jeremy with Katherine to go tomb raiding.)

I must give Paul Wesley props. He is doing a great job with Stefan. Stefan always bored me as the "good" brother, but the Klaus story arc has allowed us to see Stefan in something other than brood mode. Stefan popping back up at the family home and telling Elena not worry she was under his protection made me laugh out loud.

I am intrigued by Michael and his back story.

The entire cast got to come out and play this week. They even gave poor Matt something to do.

I wonder. Could they now use Tyler's and Elena's blood to create more hybrids?

4. js

js Captain Captain

I thought that was great - it's the perfect example that no matter how "noble" Damon's intentions are/continue to become, he still never thinks things through as a responsible adult. He still just acts on impulse like the child that he is.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Vampire Diaries #3.6 “Smells Like Teen Spirit” Description Tonight at 8PM The CW!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuGWf0-B8-c[/yt]

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x06 - Smells Like Teen Spirit [HD]

Looks good! :bolian:

6. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Given Michael's stated MO, it's more likely that Jeremy will survive the expedition and Katherine won't.

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love'd the buffy pun damon is great. I am so looking forward to michael and his flashback origin. season 3 has been awesome.

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah very cute with Damon and the whole Buffy & Warrior Princess remarks. Michael feeds on vampires? I see Kat making it out though. The whole ghost thing is a bit meh...but we know some witch or more has it in for Klaus. This ep was ok...cool that Ric is helping/training Elena.

9. timothy

we really need some flash back episode with klaus and the first witch and this michael thing. do you think he's an original?

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I was thinking he was Klaus & Rebekah's father. :lol: But who knows...he is powerful.

11. timothy

I so can see that. I am thinkng of starting the novels have you read any of them yet?

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

No. But I know people who have and say they are pretty good and The Secret Circle novels too...so they might be worth checking out. :)

13. timothy

cool thanks and I know they are all on the nook. can't wait till next week.

14. js

js Captain Captain

What I love most about this show is that at the very end of every episode I find myself shouting at the TV "OMG NO WAY! THEY DIDN'T DO THAT!" LOL I love that the show actually surprises me.

15. Kosh Naranek

I figure Kat will be ok for one reason - Michael has been out of the game for about 20 years. He will probably pump her (intended) for information. She has already used the name Klaus in his hearing.

If memory serves, Michael was entombed in that Charlotte cemetary in the 1990s.

It gave me chils when he said, "I don't feed on living things." Kat and the mouse made me laugh out loud.

I say the witch will now move on to Anna as her instrument/weapon/portal.

Barbie Klaus is annoying. I want someone to stake her very soon.

Damon cleaning up after the other vampires was funny. I loved the Buffy reference.

What was Damon up to between the 1860s and last year?
    Who is Michael and why does he hunt vampires?
    Why does the original witch hate Klaus so much? Is it only because he "upsets the balance of nature" or did he do something to her personally?
    What made the original vampires turn on each other? Klaus and Elijah seemed pretty chummy up until the 1500s.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:( I like Rebekah...I prefer her over Caroline now. :p

17. Kosh Naranek

Rebekah just strikes me as Klaus with boobs. :rommie:

Perhaps she is not as deadly as her brother, but she is definitely as petulant. How many entitled, self-absorbed characters can one show take? We already have Damon, Klaus and now Stefan.

Granted Elena, Jeremy, Bonnie, etc. fall into the I will die for the good of the cause nitwit pile, and that can be just as annoying.

The only person that is semi-normal in the batch is Ric, and he has a drinking problem which is fine by me.

18. timothy

caroline is still hotter than rebbeca. looking forward to this weeks episode.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The Vampire Diaries Season 3 Episode 7 “Ghost World” Official Description 8PM EDT The CW!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn0yhPC3t-w[/yt]

The Vampire Diaries Extended Promo 3x07 - Ghost World [HD]

:eek: Looks fun! :bolian:

20. timothy

I don't want spirts of the dead, I want a zombie attack or a proper poltergiest.