news on virtuality

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by watermelony2k, Jul 24, 2009.

1. watermelony2k

watermelony2k Vice Admiral Admiral

not completely dead? According to Michael Taylor they're trying to make it an international cooperation and broadcast somewhere else besides FOX.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41792

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

And Reaper and Firefly aren't dead either...

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

They just pulled Virtuality from Hulu so I'm optimistic.

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I'll start holding my breath.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Watch the numbers for Defying Gravity, since that's the probable model. Which is likely to be unfair, since Defying Gravity, looks like a soap opera with space opera window dressing, while Virtuality is "serious" sci fi by comparison, but TV is basically unfair so go figure...

6. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Did they? I still haven't seen it as I figured it'd stay up for a while. Hopefully they're doing this because they have a solid chance at a series.

7. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

yep, they said think of it as grey's anatomy in space. >_< sigh

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope there's something to this, because I'd like to see more of Virtuality - even a few more hours. As what passes for space-based science fiction on TV goes, it was pretty remarkable.

9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not expecting much, but this is OK news I guess.

10. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

news on Ron Moore's "Virtuality"

January 28th, 2010
    http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEzWCEzBfqIcDB

11. Temis the Vorta

I missed this first time around. Not the most optimistic pedigree there, if we're hoping for something remotely worth watching. :rommie:

12. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

A shame there won't be a Blu-Ray, but it's not surprising. Honestly, it's surprising this is being released in any format. I mean, it's not like SyFy's series Revolution, which never went to series and is probably sitting in an archive somewhere, unwatched.

13. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I saw somewhere that Revolution aired as a two-hour movie on Sky Premiere a satellite cable channel in the UK back around Christmas

14. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really? I completely missed that news. I wonder if SyFy will ever air it here?

15. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome!

16. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Flashpoint is a good show. Mostly because it's the only cop show I know of that focuses on an armed response team instead of a forensics and\or detective squad.

The other two, though... :lol:

Regardless, this is good news even if it is a slim chance. I thought the pilot of Virtuality had some potential.

17. Temis the Vorta

I though Flashpoint was very average when I checked it out. Not a big fan of the odious tendency nowadays to make sci fi
    "palatable" by shoehorning it into the wildly overexposed cop show genre. Why can't sci fi just be sci fi!?!

About half the 2010-11 pilot season is made up of cop shows, so you will definitely get every possible flavor of cop you could imagine and then some. :rommie:

WOW! Was it the same Revolution? Peter Fonda was involved in the one we're talking about.

18. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I found this forum that seems to confirm the airing. Hopefully SyFy will air it at some point soon. Or even better, green light a series order.

19. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You're thinking of something else. 'Flashpoint' is a straight action-drama set in modern day Toronto and revolving around a SRU (SWAT) unit.

About the only thing scifi in it is that the Pink Power Ranger is one of the team members. In full costume with martial arts and fighting monsters and everything. ;)

I only caught the first season and didn't know that half of a second season had aired already on CBS, so I guess I should catch up online. It was a good show though.

20. Temis the Vorta

Oh right, I'm thinking of the one with a psychic cop, who wasn't Matt Parkman! :rommie: What the heck was that called.