STID and Number of Views on Youtube

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Aike, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Aike

Aike Commander Red Shirt

I have been looking at the number of views of the trailers on Youtube for this year´s blockbuster movies.

And STID was doing great with the first teaser trailer back in December, but Man of Steel did a lot better. Then, the official trailer did a lot worse.

Some random movies (searching for official trailer plus title):

World War Z 5.1 million
    Iron Man 3 6.6 million
    Fast And Furious 5.2 million
    Hangover III 3.5 million
    Man of Steel (The second trailer on Warner´s channel) 29.2 million
    Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer 13 million
    Star Trek Into Darkness #2 trailer 2.4 million

What do you think? Is the interest in Into Darkness fading? Will the big push in April and May turn it around?

I think the movie will gross about 500 million dollars worldwide. Still, I get worried when I see that the interest might be smaller than I first thought.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Remember that the first couple of Into Darkness trailers were (meant to be) iTunes exclusives for the first few days.

Still... this place does seem oddly quiet considering a new movie is right around the corner.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

While I don't suppose there would be, is there any way to tell how much of that is individuals viewing the trailer multiple times, verses how many people total have seen it?

:)

4. crucifixion

crucifixion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Seriously, right?

Everyday I visit the here, TM and occassionally TW trying to find any glimmer of news/spoiler.

Not sure if all the secrecy has backfired?

5. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Well, apart from getting a chance to watch the actual movie (and we know when that will be), what more, at this stage, does anyone expect?

6. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Youtube views aren't a good gauge, besides, there are dozens postings of the 5 trailers. Add those up and the views would skyrocket. Plus someone pointed out that there were some itunes exclusives that may have numbered in the miillions for a day or two. Recently there was poll posted that said STID was the number one anticipated movie of the year, but I forget where that was posted (saw it on a feed somewhere).

It is strange that this site doesn't appear to be a good gauge of the anticipation of the movie. I think a lot of people see this movie as mysterious and don't want to spoil themselves.

RAMA

7. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Paramount does seem to be slightly complacent in regards to this film compared to the last one. We haven't heard of any promotional tie ins yet, etc. All we have is Kre-Os..... TrekMovie was a big part of the experience, at least for me, with the last film. Anthony disappearing from TrekMovie.com and leaving the site lifeless for one or two weeks at a time kills the momentum too. Oh well, we still have two months.

8. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

I figure we're going to see it ramp up significantly after the release of the theatrical trailer with GI Joe.