New sci fi theme on goanimate looks like Trek

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Solarbaby, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151060982337047.423743.75564782046&type=1&l=04ec22a9ef

Goanimate has closed the Star Trek theme after the license expired and is currently looking to replace it with an sci fi theme. The star trek theme was very child like with the quog characters. These images of the new theme are much more grown up and the most realistic looking characters of all the themes. Plus they have TOS uniforms (minus the delta shield insignia).

I am looking forward to seeing what they come up. it might be possible to make a TAS series using their custom character creator to design your own.

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like elements of "Halo" tossed in as well. Uh, "Halo" is the game property with the green armored, gold visored soldiers, isn't it?

Being at work, I can't access the site at the moment, so what happened to all those Quog Trek videos people made? Have they been wiped?

Sincerely,

Bill

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I like it. In some ways it reminds me of the DCAU style, in others (notably "Kirk"'s sweeping hair, it calls back to James Cawley in the early days of New Voyages.

4. Solarbaby

You can;t make any more animations with the quog characters.

5. Redfern

From your initial post, I gathered the Quags were off limits in any new efforts. I'm wondering about older clips. As an arbitrary example, say "Joe Blow" made a spoof of "Tribbles" 18 months ago using the Quogs. That and other Quog animations were stored upon the GoAnimate servers and visitors could play them at their leisure. Since GoAnimate no longer has that license, did G-A have to delete Joe Blow's Tribble parody video as well as any other Quog based clips?

Sincerely,

Bill

6. Solarbaby

Any Trek videos published before 9th September 2012 is still viewable. But they cannot be edited now, and news ones cannot be made using the Quog characters. I think if you know how to save the sets as templates in the goanimate studio you can still use them. But if you insert a quog character into the studio it automcatically locks your ability to publish the movie.

7. Redfern

Thanks for the reply.

I just feared for those fans having gone to the trouble to make those lil' "movies" returning to the site one day to find their efforts deleted. I'm glad such was not the case. There were some I really enjoyed.

Sincerely,

Bill

8. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hyep. Their guns are carbon copies of the ones from Halo as well.

9. Solarbaby

The new theme was released yesterday. I had a quick play with it to test all the features.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOA1eTKVcUs[/yt]In my opinion it isn't quite ready yet. The characters do look really good compared to any other Goanimate themes. But at the moment there aren't enough actions to really make the characters come alive in a professional looking animation. However they are going to be releasing new actions packs in the future.

I was expecting to be able to create my character form scratch but at the moment there is only a selection of pre-made rather campy superhero villainy type humans and cyborgs. The captain does look good as a TOS character. Obviously there's a thin line between copyright and similar look.

It does look like it has great potential for telling Trek stroies. I even prefer the look of these characters to the TAS ones. Assuming we will have the ability to create our own characters in the future