stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Welcome to all the new peeps. Kick your shoes off and pour a beverage of your choice.

(oh, and watch out for Shameless, he's an Olympic-level flirt).

2. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

^while you never ever flirt *secretly pulls the plug of Australis' halo* :D

Welcome to madness, qweird, Graysen and Robin Tobryn !
    I'm a Niner myself, though I did like all other Trek series, too, except for the Original Series (but that's because I don't like Kirk. I'm very fond of Spock, though).

Don't be afraid of us oldies. Remember: we, too, have been newbies, once. And never be afraid to ask if there's something you didn't understand or if there's a problem. Like everywhere there are a few idiots/trolls/bullies, of course, but most people here are very nice.
    I particularly recommend the Redshirt Lounge where all the lower ranks meet and can discuss things, have fun and get to know each other without the rest of the board watching them. Lounges are invisible to all ranks except for those they were made for. And traditionally, the Lounge moderators are the nicest ones :) Quite a lot of us oldies have real life friends they first met in one of the lounges here.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    A warm and friendly welcome to any and all new members who've posted in here since my last visit. Hopefully you're enjoying the forums and having a little bit of fun with the gang of regulars. :)

4. Gillian

Gillian Ensign Newbie

Hello. My name is Gillian, I am a Brit and have been a Star Trek fan since the 60s when it first hit our screens. Many years ago I used to post on the original site. I wonder if any of the old members are still around. There are a few names that look familiar.

Is there still a Book list? That is what I was looking for. I am mainly a fan of the original series, which we still get on tv over here, but I do enjoy the Next Generation.

5. rhubarbodendron

Gillian! Welcome back :) I used to be batlh back then.
    Afaik there is no book list anymore, but I scarcely go to the TOS section.
    There are quite a lot of us oldtimers here, still. There's a thread here in Misc where we report in. You will find a number of familiar names there: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=190429&highlight=oldtimers

6. ElBurro

ElBurro Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So, I'm technically not new, but I figured since I'm coming back to play with y'all after nearly two years, I would pop in and say hi. Hi :)

7. 9Fingers

9Fingers Cadet Newbie

A quick hello. :) My name is Stephanie, and I'm 29. I grew up watching TNG as a tiny kid with my dad: he was an atmospheric physicist, and I was a dumb kid trying group impress him. I'm still playing catch-up with the series, and currently working my way through Ds9.

Because of my personal history, I have a lifetime love for Trek fans and I'm excited to find such an active forum!

8. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Hey!
    I'm not sure what to say except what i've said before. I'm 25. My roomies are a budgie and a dog. I love books, crime, sci-fi and fantasy books. I love too many things to mention them all.. Anyway!

Nice to "meet" you all.

9. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Welcome to the new/returning peeps! make yourselves at home :)

10. J.A. Morris

J.A. Morris Ensign Newbie

Hi everyone, I've been a 'Star Trek' for most of my 40-odd years on this planet. I was big fan of TOS in syndication (had a few of the Mego dolls) in the 70s, saw all the movies and watched all the series up through DS9.

I enjoyed 'Into Darkness' and it got me wanting to re-watch more of the movies & episodes. My wife suggested we re-watch the TOS episodes on dvd in production order (which I've never done before). I've got ST on the brain, so I figured this place was the best site for discussion on everything Trek.

11. Pengelou

Pengelou Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone. Good to be here. at last.

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Hi to everybody who's brand new to the forums!

13. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hello to the new people :)

14. darth_ender

darth_ender Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello. I'm new here. I am a big Star Wars fan (pretty obvious judging by the name, eh?), but I also really enjoy Star Trek. I'm active at a Star Wars board already, but I thought it was time to further explore my enjoyment of the Trek side of things. To me they are two different flavors of ice cream on my sci-fi cone, and I love them for their different qualities. I hope to enjoy my time here, and hopefully I'll make a few online friends that I'd never hang out with in real life ;)

15. kirsten187

Hi darth_ender. Welcome to trekbbs - hope you enjoy being here.

16. darth_ender

darth_ender Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thanks Kirsten :)

17. kirsten187

No problem

18. rhubarbodendron

welcome :)
    I'd love a crossover between Star Wars and Trek!
    "Mr Chewbaca: warp 5 - engage!"
    Worf and Yoda would have practize sessions together, and a bowl of snake stew afterwards.
    And imagine how Q would drive Han completely insane *snicker* (and then Leia would set JarJar on Q and drive *him* insane) :D

19. kirsten187

I've only ever watched little bits of Star Wars but I love Chewbacca.

20. rhubarbodendron

One of the best characters! And - like Morn - one of the cheapest, too: actors who have speaking roles get about twice the salary of actors that don't speak.