NHL 2011/2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Winterwind, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Please, oh please, I want Boston to go down. I simply cannot stand them.

2. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Boston is now GONE. Awesome!!! :techman:

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Awesome, isn't it? Go Capitals!!! :techman:

4. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

It seems a few of us are cheering for teams, not because we like them but because we loathe their opponents.

Of the two remaing series, I do want Ottawa to win. I don't like them but they're the only Canadian team left. As for Florida vs New Jersey, I couldn't care either way. I don't like or dislike either.

And according to TSN, Luongo is submitting a list of teams he'll accept a trade to. That list includes Toronto.

5. Causchy

Causchy Ensign Red Shirt

I'm looking forward to this next series for the Predators. The Coyotes could be a tough matchup, but I think the Preds have a decent shot of taking it another step further than ever before this season. Here's hoping!

6. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Way to stay classy, Bruins fans. :rolleyes:

Twitter is a wonderful and terrible thing all at the same time. It gives idiots a platform to spread their views further than they might be able to, but it also ensures that nothing is ever lost.

7. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ugh, that's just pathetic. Why are there always ignorant, crazy-ass fans out there to make us decent fans look bad?

9. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Once again, yay Capitals. :p I love that my local team is in the playoffs. D.C. needs a winning team!

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, I hope they beat the Rangers.

11. Winterwind

Me too. In the East, I don't like the Rangers or Flyers. I don't dislike the Devils or Capitals so... uh... Go Caps Go!

In the West, I don't like or dislike any of the four remaining so... Go Blues Go!

12. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That is just uncalled for in this day and age, too bad all their accounts cant be deleted.

13. Winterwind

Here's an interesting one...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394742

Nashville suspended two of their own players, Radulov and Kostitsyn, for Game Three against Phoenix. The team won't say what team rule(s) they broke but considering they're two of Nashville's leaders on the score sheet, it must have pissed someone off in a big way, especially as they're down 2-0 in the series.

The Blues are down 2-0 to LA and that surprised me. Especially since I wanted to see the Blues go to the finals.

14. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Preds did the right thing here. I'd rather go see a team that is a team, not a collection of individuals wearing the same shirt. A comment on the TSN board says that the fans lose out. If I were the fans, I'd want to know what these players did that was detrimental to the team and then help them pack for Russia or a new team. There's a reason why there are five players and a goalie on the ice, because it's a team sport.

15. Winterwind

I don't know much about Radulov other than he bailed on the team and went to the KHL. But I do remember when they announced his return in time for the playoffs, there was a TSN poll asking whether he'd upset team chemistry and be a distraction. Seems there was a reason for that poll.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

From what I read they broke team curfew and were out partying until 4:00 in the morning.

17. Winterwind

That appears to be the case. I seem to recall the Kostitsyn brothers doing something similar before Montreal shipped them out. And Nashville won without them last night, a shutout at that. I wonder if they'll keep them out for Game Four.

18. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

A lot of people will blast Barry Trotz and the Preds for sitting Kostitsyn and Radulov for those two games. But they did right. Hopefully they both go back to the KHL because they don't deserve to be on any NHL team.

But who would have thought: Los Angeles vs. Phoenix in the Western Conference final? Who do you even cheer for? The 8th seed team that's taken out the #1 and #2 or the team that has been threatening with bankruptcy and re-location for the past few years?

19. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

A huge "What the fuck!" was rumored to be heard from NBC Sports Headquarters last night after the Phoenix win.

A sport that most people don't want watch, featuring two teams people don't care about, in time zones that most people don't live in. That's the key to ratings success right there. :lol:

20. Winterwind

Ha! Perfectly summed up.

And as Danny99 said, who do you cheer for? I have no investment left in the playoffs. Phoenix vs LA? Nada. The only way I'd ever cheer for the Phoenix franchise is if it were moved back to Canada, as they should have been years ago.

New Jersey vs either NYR or Washington? Could care less. Maybe one last Cup for Brodeur so he can retire on top? Or a first Cup for Washington if they advance?

As a hockey fan I'll pay attention. Via the news the next morning. But I don't see myself watching any of the remaining playoffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.