Bill Murray Confirms Ghostbusters III Rumor

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    ghosts ala harry potter kind do... maybe their using that kind as a copy...

2. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just hope its better than Ghostbusters II which kinda Sucked!

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Vigo did.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

^But wasn't he a Godly Wizard or something?
    While I enjoyed the game as a game and a nostalgic flashback to the movies it was a pretty piss poor script and would not imo a good movie not make.
    I can't say I'm looking forwardf to this even now that its in pre-production but I would love to be wrong here.

Timby May I inquire as to the fallout between Ramis and Murray, I haven't heard of that before.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Vigo, as well as Zull, Gozer, Vince were all special cases as they were demigods or much "higher" supernatural beings than the mundane ghosts the Ghostbusters likely saw everyday.

For an example of "humanoid" ghosts look at the Scoleri Brothers.

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Slimer, anyone?

He even knew how to drive a bus!

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As long as they don't fuck around too much with Ecto-1, [Zoidberg]I'm up for whatever[/Zoidberg].

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

They really, really didn't get along on Groundhog Day. Murray's feeling was that the film should be a deep, philosophical drama, while Ramis (rightfully so) insisted that Murray play the role as written, as a comedy. This led to a lot of heated exchanges on the set, and they didn't speak to one another for more than ten years.

9. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

They're going to put even more stuff on the roof and it won't be able to go around corners really fast without tipping over.

Anyway, I'm not too thrilled with this news. I was hoping that a big enough backlash could make them scrap this idea, but it looks like it's pretty much set in stone now.

On a side note, I wasn't happy to hear that Rick Moranis won't be back.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  10. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought Rick Moranis was coming back and only said no to the game?

11. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

Re: Ghostbusters III Rumor

I really don't care at this point, personally. The more I think about it the more I feel that the video game was a nice way of letting this thing rest. I really don't want to see a sequel anymore, if everything I've been reading lately is going to come to fruition. I guess I'm being one of those people who don't want their memories of the franchise altered. I'm usually pretty good about keeping an open mind for these sorts of things, but I just can't seem to do it in this case. I don't want to see another movie.

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Last I heard was that he won't be in Ghostbusters 3.

13. Timby

Moranis is very mercurial, and he enjoys retirement very much. I have no doubt that everyone would like him to return, but I doubt he will unless the script knocks his socks off.

14. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

ninja'd: He has retired

and as for Groundhog I'm glad we got the movie as was, I love that adn view it as a great Bill Murray veichle.

As for GB3 though I don't have much faith in these writters I am glad, after all look what happened last time Dan tried to revive a hit 80's movie of his.

15. Broccoli

Apparently his wife died, and he's focusing his time with his kids.

16. Timby

Not "apparently" -- his wife passed away in 1991 from liver cancer, and he took what was intended to be a hiatus, appearing in maybe a movie a year, from acting for a while to raise his children, who were very young at the time (although they're grown, now). Eventually, he realized that he didn't miss making movies all that much, and that hiatus became retirement, only coming out for small things like a voice role in Brother Bear. He had made his money in the '80s and early '90s, and he had spent it wisely, so he didn't need to work. Good for him.

17. Trekker4747

Indeed. It's a shame many other comedic actors from his era didn't take a similar route. (Not the wife dying thing, but the "made my money and I don't need to work" thing.)

18. Broccoli

^ Some people actually still like the work to continue doing it.

(Not saying that was Moranis's case; he had other things going on and found a new direction in life.)

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Die Hard 4=great
    Indy 4=pretty good
    Rambo 4=great
    Rocky 6=great

The 80's revival of hit franchises this decade has a good track record.
    Let's see if they can keep it rolling!

Murray as a ghost could work fine. I think Bill has actually put himself, unknowingly?, into always being the face of the franchise. As a ghost he can always return wheras the other GB's will die and be a memory only. Ghost-Venkman could be a "guiding spirit" to future GB's, especially in novel or comic books.

I suggest unknowingly because it seems like he wants a way out of future installments when really he's more cemented now in this capacity I think.

20. Trekker4747

Die Hard 4 = good, if restrained by an OTT plot and the PG-13 rating.
    Indy 4= Utter crap.
    Rocky 6 = The only sequel worth mentioning.