Art Friends...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by RobertScorpio, Jan 26, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I am currently doing a fanfic here on the site, but over in the FAN FIC area. It is my 'version' of STAR TREK. It totally relaunches the premise of TOS but back here, in the 21st century. Kirk and crew are all there, but in new modern forms....ect.

The ship I have been 'using' is a NASA prototype for the future. I like it, but here's the deal. Very soon my NCC-1701 will get refit, just like TMP did to the NCC 1701 from TOS....Can one of you take the basic look of this....(continued below)

[​IMG]

and amp it up a little, showing the new Star Drive as well??? I will give you total credit at the start of each new segment.

I do come in here a bit and I am blown away by some of your material. THank you for even reading this post..hopefully one of you can be inspired to throw me a bone...

Rob
    Scorpio

2. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

S.P.O.C.K.? :lol:

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

that's Mister spock to you!

Rob

4. GodThingFormerly

GodThingFormerly A Different Kind of Asshole

An "American" in Friedrichshafen, Deutschland
    You didn't even bother to credit the artist - probably of John Frassinato & Associates or SAIC judging by the style - whose NTR space vehicle image you appropriated for your fanfic project. :rolleyes:

TGT

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Actually I had no idea who made that image. I just found it at Nasa's website. But I will now!!!..thanks for the 411...I love you "god"...

Rob

6. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

My grandmother was married to a man named Art Friend for a while.

I'm torn. I absolutely love who you picked for Uhura, you nailed McCoy, but I kinda want to gouge my eyes out (or better, yours :p) for Brad Pitt as Jim Kirk, and I really don't get what you're doing with Garak in this picture. Evil wizard? Evil tailor? Wizard tailor? What up?

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I couldn't find a good enough pic of Jason Issac so I went with that one..I'll look again tonight, so I agree..

I went with Pitt because I had just seen seven/Benjamin Button. I liked Pitt's calm confidence that he oozes. Not the over-the-top we get from Shatner (which I love) and seem to be getting from Pine. I wanted a different Kirk in tone.

I love Vince Vaughn in this role as Gary Mitchell. I can totally see it...but we all know Gary's fate and..well..its coming to our Gary too..eventually...

Uhura is Tony Braxton...hot lady!!!

Rob

8. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whose Gill?

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Super Powerful Organized Computer Kiosk?

10. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

Shawnster - His name is Terence Stamp. Us somewhat longer in the tooth fellows remember him from a bunch of movies in the 70's, but for the Sci fi community, he is best remember for 2 roles - General Zod in Superman I and II (the middle person in the following picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GeneralZodForPresident20084.jpg) and as Suprerme Chancellor Finis Valorum in Star Wars Ep. I (see picture on the following page: http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/finisvalorum/)

Mr. Stamp had fallen off the screens for a while, but seems to be making a comeback with some new movies of late.

Hope this helps and that you weren't referring to the Gill character from CSI who is portraying Capt. Christopher Pike. If so, that was a lot of wasted typing!:lol:

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Jack, thanks for the explaination. I just came across his question, and you explained it well..

I have always like Terrence Stamp. From SUPERMAN to BOWFINGER, he can do bad guys very good!!! By the way, I like your name, Jack Riley. Can I use it in a fanfic???

Rob

12. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mr Stamp's Voice is used as Jorel in the Smallville TV Series

13. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Aren't you forgetting his role as Bernadette in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

... er, nevermind, forget I brought it up. :shifty:

14. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah