Star Trek Futures

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by STF, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Nice... good to see you're still at it...

2. STF

STF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yup yup :). Slow going but we've been working on a lot of behind the scenes stuff. Talking to people, writing, budgeting etc.

3. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Take you time. This may be the only chance you get to do something like this. There's no reason to rush a labor of love.

4. STF

:bolian:

5. STF

6. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

Very nice! I really like the still, serene atmospheric feeling that these shots have had so far. I hope that translates into the production.

7. STF

Yup thats the idea. :) Thanks for watching!

8. STF

We would like to happily present our floorpan for our bridge design. Some is old, some is new but we hope to honor both the "classic" Ent-C as well as the Probert Ambassador. The basic bridge design is constrained by what we saw in Yesterdays Enterprise, however the surrounding spaces come new with the Probert Ambassador class. The vertical space is split between three levels to more firmly separate the higher level officers from the lower ranks. The other prominent feature of our bridge will be a massive, curved view-screen that will dominate the forward portion of the bridge. Keep in mind this isn't a 100% accurate "blue print" style floorplan, but just an illustration of the design theme. Big thanks to Sean Tourangeau for working with us on putting this together. We hope you like it!

[​IMG]

9. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting, though I would've just considered the on-screen set the battle bridge and gone with something based on Sean Robertson's Ambassador bridge instead:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  10. STF

I really like the look of what Sean R has done with it. Though just a little more explanation. His design doesn't match physically with what we received from Andrew Probert in the way of his Ambassador class. Namely the Turbolift locations and the door ways to the ready room and the conference room stairwell. These things are reflected externally in the final model that Andrew/Tobias are letting us use. So we really couldn't do too much to change things in that way. Thanks for the feedback!

Dan

11. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really like the, what is it called, the Va'roost class?

She reminds me a lot of a cruiser from Star Wars, but her trimmings and components makes her unique from Star Destroyers.

I'm kinda hoping that if you're not finished with the model, that you'll actually give her actual weapons, and a weapons arc that makes sense, as opposed to fudging it like some do with alien vessels (even in the official TV series), and have the weapons fire come out of some where random.
    Even if they are only simple disruptor or phaser emitters.

12. STF

Close! :) they are Va'arost Class Variants as modified by the Ra'zae. The standard Va'arost used by the Cae will have the same basic shape but will look... more diplomatic and less warship if that makes sense. But yes, the model is still a work in progress. We don't even have a texture map for it. These ships are quite large which will obscure some of the emitters but they will be there. ;)

13. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I'm hoping that you'll make some closeup renders when you finish them, so that we can see details like that.

Love the name. Sounds so exotic and alien.