Haven: Season Three (Discussion, Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 1001001, Sep 16, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I also wonder if they themselves are Troubled, after that weird conversation they had when they were being held hostage by "Tommy."

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Reminder: Syfy is finally the airing the last two episodes of this season tonight.

3. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks!!

4. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. :bolian:

5. propita

Crap! Watched it. Poor Nathan.

Good casting for James. He looks like his daddy.

And nice casting for the younger Duke, Vince, and Dave.

6. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

It was good. I admired the constant sharing of who loved Audrey and who would sacrifice for Audrey between Duke and Nathan. Everything got burned away just for those three (or two). Then everything closed and Nathan pushed Duke forward. I would not want to be in Nathan or Duke's shoes.

I hope there are answers about who Audrey is in the next season.

7. RJDiogenes

Holy Toledo. That was a Hell of a finale. The Bolt Gun Killer is the Colorado Kid's wife, we finally meet the Colorado Kid, Dave bonks Vince and Vince locks Dave up in the trunk, Audrey gets to watch her previous self have sex with Nathan, the Hunter Meteor Shower returns and pummels Haven, the barn returns, the interior of the barn is bigger on the inside and looks like an abstract 70s Sci Fi set, Audrey decides to leave with the barn, Vince turns out to be the boss of The Guard, Nathan precipitates a shoot-out that results in the deaths of the FBI guy and probably Jordan, gets himself shot, messes up whatever the barn is supposed to do, Duke gets sucked into the black hole of the barn (along with the corpse [?] of Colorado Kid's wife) and the meteor shower increases in intensity as a result. Did I miss anything? :cardie: :rommie:

Definitely great casting on the younger characters. :bolian:

8. propita

Nice recap!

You forgot to mention that we saw young Dave and Vince.

9. RJDiogenes

Yes, that was great and you're right about the casting. I'm hoping that we get more flashbacks or time travel to that era next season. Audrey probably had the same sort of triangle with Vince and Dave that she does with Nathan and Duke. :D

10. propita

Well, at. Lest we know now that Vince and Dave DO age!

I liked younger Vince. I like tall, broad-shouldered men. ;)

11. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I've wondered about them aging, too. I thought they might be the actual Founders of Haven. Ever since their encounter with the Bolt Gun Killer, I've wondered if they are Troubled-- the fact that Vince is the boss of the Guard implies that they are.

12. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I need to know if I understand this.

The female human - Audrey - exists in the Barn. The Barn stores the energy of the Troubles. After 27 years, the Barn is depleted, and the Troubles begin again. She is sent out to gather the energy of the Troubles and transfer them back to the Barn. I think I missed something.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Actually, I think it's more like this:

The woman is immune to the Troubles. The Barn acts an amplifier that projects her immunity to the entire town, but after 27 years she runs out of anti-Trouble energy and has to leave the Barn to recharge herself with, er, Love . . . .

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I quit watching Haven but it sounds like I need to see the last couple of episodes. Sounds really out there.

15. RJDiogenes

^^ Indeed. You should take a look.

I think we have reason to doubt the veracity or completeness of Howard's account, though. Certainly there's much we still don't know about the origin of the Troubles, the barn, Audrey and Howard.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The writing is still really shoddy but they do have some interesting ideas in play.

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Yeah, that's the ticket.

:lol:

That was pretty bizarre, even for Haven. All that shooting and jumping and disappearing at the end. And it still didn't really explain anything.

I love that Vince is the Head of the Guard.

Hopefully they have some kind of payoff for the barn. Why is it an amplifier? Why 27 years? Who is Howard? Why is it a barn? Etc. etc...

18. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

It wasn't always a barn, but they haven't gotten around to fixing the chameleon circuit yet.

19. RJDiogenes

Yeah, I figured the back door was a police call box.

I have been wondering for a while if Vince and Dave were Troubled. If Vince is the boss of the Guard, then he must be, right? Everybody in the Guard, I would assume, has a Trouble.

20. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

If he has shown a trouble, it's been very subtle. Or he's good at keeping it under wraps. There must be a reason he's the head honcho.

So in the barn there's Howard, Audrey, The Colorado Kid, the V chick, and Duke, is that right?

That should be quite a good crew for a 27 year journey.

:lol:

Did it seem like the meteors kept coming? I wasn't sure if those were just the ones that were already on their way, or if the barn disappearing didn't work...??