Supernatural Season 9 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Timelord Victorious, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

They had recordings of the actual Men of Letters bringing demons into the bunker, and that entire room was designed for such things.

I believe the wards are more about keeping the location secret more than anything else (hence the blindfold and earphones they put Crowley in). Sort of like the wards etched onto the Winchesters' bones keep angels or demons from being able to find them. But if they're invited in/brought in/send out a signal/whatever, the wards are pretty useless. Maybe a bit of the whole legendary "can't enter unless invited, but the invitation can be revoked" schtick from vampire legends thrown in for good measure.

That and/or it just completely nullifies any powers they try to use within the bunker.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's one of those things you usually can ignore but with Crowley in that perfectly pristine trunk of the Impala I couldn't help but wonder where they keep their belongings. I suspect there's a pocket dimension in the glove compartment.

3. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Obviously, the Men of Letters bunker has access to TARDIS technology.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed the last episode. Abbadon is a good villain, and any episode with Crowley can't be too bad. I always enjoy it when we get to meet other hunters.

What ever happened to the spin-off, is that still in the works? I just realized I haven't heard anything about it in a while.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The plan is that a backdoor pilot would be aired near the end of this season. If it does well in ratings and reaction we may see it in the 2014 season.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, thanks.

7. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If was the right network, they could just have Sam and Dean drive through Sleepy Hollow.

8. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I suppose a Charlie series is too much to hope for. :rommie: Maybe it will be James and Portia. Or the kid with the Golem.

9. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

You can never have enough Golem on this show.

10. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Absolutely. :bolian:

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Ouch to kicking Castiel out of the bunker. It definitely goes against last week's bit about Kevin and Castiel being "family." I hope Dean at least has a plan.

12. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Looking forward to the return of Charlie next week but I'm apprehensive about the writers including Oz in the Supernatural-verse as a part of the fairy realm. Hopefully they have a crackerjack story to tell that justifies its inclusion.

13. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It somewhat fits the idea that belief creates power and substance (ala the various pantheon of gods in the Supernatural universe). Lots of kids believe in such stories, after all.

We've also seen at least one alternate dimension (one in which demons/angels/etc. have no power), so it could also work under that angle.

14. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Fun. Cass experiences being human again. Gets laid. Almost killed. Banished from the bunker.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Did you use protection?

I had my angel sword.

:lol:

Yeah, Cas...you sure did.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The gang used the Grand Theft Auto method of protection.

You have sex with a woman, then you kill her and take all her money.

They're really cartoonishly blood thirsty these days, it's like they are afraid that someone will call them a wussy if they show an ounce of humanity or mercy.

17. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that Dean would tell Cas why he has to leave the bunker, come clean with Cas about Ezekiel inside Sam, Cas can keep a secret. Then at least he'd understand why he had to leave, and not just think Dean is being mean.

18. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I couldn't understand why Dean and Ezekiel are keeping Sam's possession a secret. I sure hope that this isn't just poor writing to create forced drama.

19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I can understand why Ezekiel would want to keep it a secret. He probably wants Sam's body, and he wants to be strong enough to stay-put when the news is broken to Sam.

As for why Dean would keep the secret from Castiel: that one doesn't make much sense to me. He really should be getting advice from Castiel right now. I'm hoping we'll find out that he's been having secret conversations with Castiel and that they're both planning for the worst.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I was wondering what excuse they'd use to get Castiel out of the picture.

I thought this season would be pretty dull but it's shaping up. I like the fallen angels angle and it's pretty cool that Sam has the avatar state.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMtt137f2HE[/yt]