PICTURE POST II!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mary Ann, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep.

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

That's beautiful, eddie.

3. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Oh wow. They both look great. I mean, Nicole is my favorite, but Terry looks really great as well.

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Thanks much, Kes. You should see it up close, I think you'd enjoy it. Imagine a 100-foot neon and metal star that just looms over you. It's the largest freestanding, man-made star on earth and looks amazing when it's lit up in multiple colors on a clear night.

5. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

That was mentioned at the convention - about the American version of Red Dwarf.

for those on facebook - there is the Terry Farrell Forever! Fan Page. I've posted many of my pictures there.

6. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

I had to go see what it's about -on YouTube- there's quite a view from up there too :)

7. cooleddie74

Yeah, there is. It's from an elevation of roughly 2,000 feet (610 or so meters, possibly a little higher) and you can see the entire city and valley including the adjoining city and town that border us. It's spectacular at night when the entire valley is lit up like a massive Christmas tree.

8. trekkiedane

One video shows the view at dusk.

Almost makes me want them to get on with it and build that local tower they've been talking about since the Nazis blew up the old one during the occupation - In this flat a country you need to build towers if you want a nice view :lol:

9. Sakrysta

Sakrysta Vice Admiral Admiral

So, to keep from completely derailing the desk top thread, I'm posting pictures of my My Little Pony collection here. :) This was actually fun, because a) I got to find where I had stored them, 2) I got to take them all out and admire them again, and c) I had an excuse to look up all the names I couldn't remember. :D

[​IMG]
    Bubbles, Applejack, Medley, Boysenberry Pie

[​IMG]
    Original 6 plus Lemon Drop from the Show Stable
    Snuzzle, Blue Belle, Cotton Candy, Minty, Blossom, Butterscotch

[​IMG]
    Back row: Baby Cuddles (you can see her better in the next picture along with her buggy), Satin 'n' Lace, Coat (Tux) 'n' Tails, Seawinkle
    Front Row: Clipper (you can see him better in the next picture), Squirmy, Baby Surprise, Baby Noddins, Whirly, High Flier

[​IMG]
    Back row: Baby Cuddles in her buggy, Satin 'n' Lace, Coat (Tux) 'n' Tails
    Front Row: Ember, Lucky the Stallion, Clipper, Squirmy, Baby Surprise

Okay, so when I was a little girl, I was a member of the My Little Pony Fan Club. I loved my ponies. I still do. :) Whenever you bought a pony in the store, there were points on the package that you could collect and use toward special, club-only mail-order ponies. Ember was the first baby pony. Lucky the Stallion was the first boy pony. I'm pretty sure Clipper was club-exclusive too, and maybe Baby Surprise and Tux 'n' Tails. I had the Show Stable - I think it might have been a Christmas present one year that started the collection.

Of the original six, I had five. For a long time I thought I had all six because Lemon Drop looked like she belonged in the team. It wasn't until the Internet that I realized I didn't have Snuzzle. I found her later - I think at a flea market.

I think Lemon Drop is my favorite. She was always the one in charge when I played. I loved Medley because she had gorgeous hair. I think she was the first one I got that had curly hair. Ember and Lucky were big favorites too. I thought it was cool that I had ponies that no one else I knew had.

10. Jaxa5

Jaxa5 Cadet Newbie

Mind if I share your pictures with my Facebook group? Credid will be given! Group/Fan page name: Terry Farrell Forever!

11. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those are wonderful! I recognized Applejack right away! [​IMG]

Look at all those terrific ponies! No wonder you were such a fan. They all seem to be special in their own way. Thank you for sharing your ponies, Sakrysta. :D

12. trekkiedane

Love it :bolian:

13. cooleddie74

Those photos were great, Sakrysta! Very cute collection you've got there, and thanks for reminding me what Applejack used to look like in the old days...she's still more or less recognizable.

14. Sakrysta

^Yeah, it just occurred to me that she's the only G1 pony I have that is a current character - at least that I know of. ;)

15. cooleddie74

I don't even remember Seawinkle.

She must have been one of those Sea Ponies that were briefly released to expand the toy line.

16. Sakrysta

Yep, they were bath toys. She's weighted at the bottom so that she floats up and down like a seahorse. I played with her A LOT in the tub as a kid. I'm amazed at the shape she's in, considering. ;)

17. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I bought a body wash last week just because it reminded me of how one of my scented My Little Ponies smelled. I wonder what happened to them all.

18. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like those earlier ponies better though the new ones do capture the show's charms and vivacity. The old ones are very sweet.

19. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I didn't even know there 'were' Seapony toys, considering they only appeared once, briefly.

I'm still waiting for at least one legit Vampony toy from Gen 4. Midnight Blossom as a blindbag would be awesome.