TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks, I'm also a big fan of the Romulans. The only bad guys that maintained their badness from the Original Series through the end of the TNG movies.

2. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi. i am drake. TNG is my favorite show and i love talking about it.
    I love klingon stories. My favorite episodes are Redemption Parts 1 and 2, Sins of the father, Reunion, Bloodlines, Emissary, and Rightful Heir, ALthough i am most definitely not exclusive to these.
    I love most episodes, but i will say any one with Barclay in it i very much dislike.

3. CrusheronPicard

CrusheronPicard Cadet Newbie

My name is Roberta, or Bert, I'm thirty-seven and holding (for the last four years). Not because I'm afraid of aging, on the contrary, I have learned a lot in my lifetime. For me my birthday's became something I just pass over without a second thought to the celebration of my own life. Instead, I fell the pain of the death of the woman who practically raised me, my Grandmother.

Other than that, I am a mother of two beautiful girls and wife or twenty-two years. A fact I am thankful for every day since fate nearly took my husband from me ten years ago this year.

I have bee a Star Trek fan since I was little, but really learned to love it again when TNG came on. I was a senior in high school and thought the idea of a life without the pains we know everyday was pretty cool. My favorite character was Beverly Crusher because at the time I inspired to be a Doctor myself. I think she could have had more potential if they would have allowed her to grow.

My favorite photo, being a Picard/Crusher Shipper is:

[​IMG]

4. Weebam-Na

Weebam-Na Cadet Newbie

Have you seen all the rats around here? Its making me crazy! First this guy decides he's gonna make a million, opens a fancy restaurant: Rats in a Cream Sauce, Rat Flambe, Rat Necrom with Bonemeal Gravy, Deep-Fried Rat, Lemon Rat and Wild Rice, Rat Ragu with Powdered Deer Penis! Of course, when the guards found out, they ran his sorry butt out of town, but they left the rats. Rats!

5. Eckauskas

Eckauskas Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone, I'm Eck and I'm a TNG fan. Although I do enjoy Voyager, DS9 and, to a lesser extent, TOS, TNG has always been my favourite. The best characters, the best looking ship and the best captain push TNG out in front for me.

Except when they destroyed the Enterprise D and replaced it with E, which just looked rubbish.

Oh, and BOBW is definately my favourite episode, if you count it as the one parter that BBC 2 first aired it as ;) Closely followed by All Good Things and Yesterday's Enterprise.

6. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Commodore Commodore

Greetings! Where do I start.

I've been a fan for exactly 1 week now. Like, NOW. And I'm already neck-deep in another Star Trek obsession [the previous one being TOS for at least 6 weeks and before that, the 2009 movie, in which I feel I've only been knee-deep].

I nearly immediately latched on to Data as my favorite character [as he was the most intelligent... :lol:], with Picard quickly following as a second. Looooooove TNG already. <3

[​IMG]
    [*does some idiotic fangirl squealing*]

7. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

Greetings, everyone! I had watched the original series back in the 1970s, but TNG is so superior, thanks to the technological advances in cinematography. Although I like DS9 and some episodes from Voyager--plus its fantastic main theme music!--my favorite remains the crew of the Enterprise-D!
    Although that ship was destroyed and its crew has moved on to other assignments, it still remains my favorite. The Galaxy-class Main Bridge layout and Main Engineering are classic designs, which I think should be replicated on every subsequent ship Starfleet builds.

8. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

I'm watching Descent right now on SyFy for like the 1000th time. How's that for TNG lovin? :)

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Woo hoo! I'm not even a huge fan of those episodes. lol

10. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I would say that I consider myself a TNG fan... with reservations.

I am primarily a TOS guy, but I don't really go for the whole "TOS AWESOME! OTHER TREK SUCK!" kind of business.

I was underwhelmed by TNG in the first two seasons. Pleasantly surprised with its improvements over the next three, and largely missed the last two seasons due to military service, but did catch the series finale.

I like most of the TNG characters. I was very unimpressed that Picard's first real act as Captain was to surrender his vessel in Encounter at Farpoint, although I understand why he did it. He certainly redeemed himself over the course of the series in my eyes, and obviously Patrick Stewart is a world-class actor. I think (post-season two) that TNG really only dropped the ball twice. Once in Chain of Command. I think they did the crew of the Enterprise a serious disservice in that one. Really showed the crew to be uncharacteristically whiny and unprofessional. I do not think that was their intent, though. And the other time was letting Picard survive in Best of Both Worlds. Although I had really come to like and respect Picard by that time, I think letting him live was a bad move for two reasons. First, it established that some people could be "saved" from Borg assimilation. I think this was a mistake because it "weakened" the Borg as an enemy. I think they should have stuck to "once assimilated, you're gone forever". Second, I think it would have shown some serious creative courage to take the risk of doing away with the main character. I think Riker would have been a fine Captain in Picard's absence.

Apart from that, I do count myself as a TNG fan.

Just don't get me started on why I refuse to watch more of Voyager than I have already seen. ;)

11. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw that they were on, I just wasn't up to see Data betray the crew... again...

must not be as big a fan as you are. :devil:

12. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

I always loved the "B" story with Beverly in command of the competetive noobs and, of course, the Hugh return. Then there's Crosis' creepy little "talk" with Data. All good stuff.

13. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hi everyone. My name is Kirsten. TNG was my favourite when I first started watching ST in 1996. Now I also really like DS9 and TOS. I like Beverly Crusher best from TNG.

14. J.Ashmore

J.Ashmore Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi, everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first official post on TrekBBS. If anyone would like to know, my username on startrek.com is KathrynKiraJaneway77.

You can go ahead and call me Jezibell if you want (not my real name, but I go by it in a lot of message boards.)

Alright, well I'm 19 and the first ever Star Trek I remember watching was VOY, but soon after I fell in love with TNG. I don't remember what the first episode was, but I do remember it was one where everyone was on the bridge (a lot of help, right?) and Beverly was there. It must have been in the first season because of what wig they had her wearing, but eversince then I have been hooked!

I won't say TNG is my favorite series, but it probably is tied with VOY as favorite. My favorite character is Dr. Crusher. Being so young, I always wished she was my mother (Yes, I'm crazy!) She's intelligent, strong, funny, gentle, beautiful and so much more, I only wish we had some more of her backstory. I also very much enjoy Picard (I'm a diehard P/C fan.) He's just the most handsome man I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. Patrick Stewart = sexy.

I also loved Worf. I'm a big fan of Klingon culture and if I had a choice of being a species, it probably would be Klingon. So tough, so strong, so loud and honorable and brave. I wish I was a little like a Klingon (in the personality sense) in real life. I'm much more of a quiet person. However, I'm not unsocial. I've also had a crazy obsession for the Borg Queen. I would love to be her, too!

I was always upset that Picard and Crusher didn't get together during the series. I just got done rewatching "Attatched" and, having not seen it in a while, I couldn't believe how I felt when Beverly dismissed the idea of them 'not being afraid.' I wanted to slap her silly! At least they've finally gotten together in the books, but jeeze, woman!!

Also, I just want to get this out: I am and never was a fan of Ensign Ro..... Go ahead and judge!

Alright, since I have a habit of rambling, I'll stop there. Can't wait to get to know some of you and talk to you about this wonderful fandom! :)

15. Son of Quark

Son of Quark Lieutenant Red Shirt

I'm Son of Quark. I watched Next Generation when it came on in 1987. I was 20 years old at the time. Me and a buddy of mine would watch it religiously every Saturday night at 10:30pm here in San Antonio. Drinking beer and partying. Some of my favorite episodes are the Kilngon ones. They were great. I was in love with Dr. Crusher, a really hot chick. It seemed that it got better each season. Didn't really care for Troi that much, but Ensign Ro and Guinan were really cool also. Besides the Klingon episodes I really liked Darmok, Times Arrow, Inner Light, to name a few. I work in a public library and am a big metal head, football, baseball, and hockey fan as is my wife.

16. mrsmica

mrsmica Ensign Red Shirt

Data has always been my favorite character, hands down. I think he's very well written and I've always liked portrayals of "the other" in stories - androids, vulcans, the not-quite human. I love seeing him do things like practice sneezing in a mirror! He's very well thought out. By the same token, Lure's a great foil for him, in that psycho-killer twin sorta way.

Not that I don't like the other characters. I find that the character background/focus episodes always win me over, even for characters I found annoying at first.

I was a baby when the series first came out, so it's a little strange to see a teenage Wil Wheaton playing Wesley. It's a little hard for me not to think of Firefly when I see him on screen... But then, it's also weird to see how much Leonard Nemoy has aged, so I guess TV is just strange like that.

I'm only on the first season right now, and I can't wait until I can like Picard more, and until Worf becomes cool.

17. c172

c172 Cadet Newbie

Hi guys! Brand new to the forum. I've been a fan of Star Trek TOS and TNG for a long time and I don't know why I've never ventured into these forums before. Looks like some interesting stuff here! It'll keep me looking busy while at work!

18. Scinlao

Scinlao Ensign Newbie

Well, I didn't read the whole thread, but I think just about everyone covered my thoughts.

I am Scinlao, and I was introduced to Star Trek only about 3 to 4 years ago when watching "Encounter at Farpoint". As everyone knows, Q is the absolute best written character in the series.

Picard, Data, Q, and LaForge are my favorite characters. I identify, however much it pains others to hear, best with Wesley Crusher. Not nearly AS intelligent, but everyone I know thinks of me as somewhat of a nerd and a smart-guy. I have my fair share of being picked on, even by friends and behind my back, but I forget about it and keep on doing what I do best. I am also young. :)

Although I'm probably biased, "growing up" if you will, On TNG. But still, TNG is the absolute best series. It explored philosophical aspects, and humanitarian aspects and dared to "boldly go" into subject where no man had gone before. :rofl:

I loved it's image of the Klingons(An image diluted in TOS, and RUINED in DS9), and Romulans. The Borg were also a great addition to the Star Trek universe.

Also, I am looking for a roleplay thread... links?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  19. lau03143

lau03143 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello, I'm 25 and fairly new to the world of Star Trek.

Obviously I had seen the films growing up, but its only in the past year that I have watched the TV series more extensively, with the help of my brothers excessively large DVD collection.

Having watched TOS, TNG, VOY and ENT (only just getting started on DS9), my favourite series has to be TNG. Picard, Worf, Data and La Forge are all equally my favourite characters in the show, they are all very deep, complex characters.

20. seven_of_nineski

seven_of_nineski Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Though I am quite fond of DS9, VOY, and ENT, TNG is my first love. It was the first series I grew up with so it is very close to my heart. Jean-Luc has to be my favorite character. Something about his nobility of soul and humanistic and philosophical depth speaks to me and makes me want to be a better person, as silly as that may sound. He spoke so many simple, yet piercing truths that they are hard to ignore.

Here are some quotes to name a few:

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." (Peak Performance)

"What we leave behind is as important as how we've lived. After all, Number One, we're only mortal." (Star Trek: Generations)

Picard: "Data, find a way to defeat that shield."
    Data: That may be impossible, sir."
    Picard: "Data, things are only impossible until they are not."
    (Skin of Evil)

And of course my all time favorite from one of the best TNG episodes:

"Seize the time, Meribor. Live now; make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again. (The Inner Light)

Some people may not care for the deep stuff but I just can't get enough of it.

My other favorites are Data, Worf, and Deanna...and for all completely different reasons. So, I guess you can say there is something to appreciate about all the TNG characters but who could ever forget that English speaking bald guy with the red uniform. You gotta love him:)